Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone public in UCHG?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Ladies,
    Just wondering if anyone went public in UCHG and was it a good experience? Any advice? Also I want to breast feed but none of my family or friends have so i'm a bit clueless :( do they give you much help when baby arrives or just leave you to it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yes, that's where I went. It is very busy, but overall it was a positive experience.

There is 24 hour breastfeeding help (even if you seem to get different advice from everyone!). They have a dedicated breastfeeding consultant also and run classes on technique.

I'd advise the prenatal classes as well, they bring you in and show you around the delivery suites.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

yes i did,i was a first time mum and i found the whole experience great,the midwives were lovely!i also breastfead and was offered loads of help,they also have a breastfeeding room where you can go and get help and support,i would also recommend the prenatal classes,very informative and its a good way of meeting other mums to be!best of luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sarahmc92

Hi I went public there and mostly had good experiences. It gets a bit draining seeing different registrars at every visit as they don't really read your charts so you end up explaining your whole pregnancy at each visit. Also some of them are a lot more attentive than others.
    Midwives are fantastic and the whole place would run far better if it was just them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Folks, at what stage should you look at booking the prenatal class so that we can see the delivery suites? We're 24 weeks and due in for our next checkup in 4 weeks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ring them ASAP, it fills up really quickly. It's good fun too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement