Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom dsl down, but had a bb before

Options
  • 16-07-2011 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

hi,
    im experiencing some trouble with eircom (dont we all)... i had it all set uped, bb working perfectly, dsl line was connected to netgear router without any filters, an i decided to upgrade my router, so i sold my netgear, found my dusty eircome zyxel router, conected it, and from very first minute started to get disconnects and blah blah blah, well it didnt bothered me, caused i know any day ill get a normal router and all will be fine again, so, the real problem started on me the other day
    i woke up as usual, and over the phone checked my emails, news.. over wifi, when ever i switched my PC, it were disconnected from the wifi, this had happened to me couple of times, so i decided to restart my router, and then.... and then thats it, dsl kept blinking since that time, had another zyxel router no joy, connected netopia ,still, dsl flashing and the routers web page shows no dsl connection, connection is down
    ive restarted it, restored it, reset it millions of time, no joy, entered all the dns setting manually, nothing, dsl light is flashing and cant stay permanent.. called eircom, they said my line is working ok, nothing wrong with it, so after a talk they will send an engineer over to my house to check whats wrong but that will take 4 days, jesus cant live without bb that long :)
    so my question is, does anyone had a similar problem, how you fixed it?
    P.S dont have any dsl phones, sky tv or anything that might interfere with dsl line

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to eircom support forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

lisij wrote: »
    hi,
    im experiencing some trouble with eircom (dont we all)... i had it all set uped, bb working perfectly, dsl line was connected to netgear router without any filters, an i decided to upgrade my router, so i sold my netgear, found my dusty eircome zyxel router, conected it, and from very first minute started to get disconnects and blah blah blah, well it didnt bothered me, caused i know any day ill get a normal router and all will be fine again, so, the real problem started on me the other day
    i woke up as usual, and over the phone checked my emails, news.. over wifi, when ever i switched my PC, it were disconnected from the wifi, this had happened to me couple of times, so i decided to restart my router, and then.... and then thats it, dsl kept blinking since that time, had another zyxel router no joy, connected netopia ,still, dsl flashing and the routers web page shows no dsl connection, connection is down
    ive restarted it, restored it, reset it millions of time, no joy, entered all the dns setting manually, nothing, dsl light is flashing and cant stay permanent.. called eircom, they said my line is working ok, nothing wrong with it, so after a talk they will send an engineer over to my house to check whats wrong but that will take 4 days, jesus cant live without bb that long :)
    so my question is, does anyone had a similar problem, how you fixed it?
    P.S dont have any dsl phones, sky tv or anything that might interfere with dsl line

Hi lisij
    Can you PM me your tel. number and I can chase this issue with broadband support for you. If tech support have advised that a tech is due to go to your house there may not be much I can do remotely, but can have a look.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭lisij

Hi lisij
    Can you PM me your tel. number and I can chase this issue with broadband support for you. If tech support have advised that a tech is due to go to your house there may not be much I can do remotely, but can have a look.
    Tony
    problem solved this mornin, engineer came in and fixed the dsl line, cheers for the help tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

lisij wrote: »
    problem solved this mornin, engineer came in and fixed the dsl line, cheers for the help tho

Good to hear that lisij, appears tech support were correct. Any further issue post us here or give support a call on 1890260260.
    Tony

Advertisement