Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned CC debt

Options
  • 16-07-2011 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if anyone here knows the consequence of leaving a bad debt behind while leaving the country? I only lived in Ireland for about one year in the last 15 or so years and don't intend to return permanently. I also have a large CC debt (that is pure compound interest by now) I can't pay off at the moment (~4.5K).

I already have a bad credit rating because of a different CC debt which went for collection (which is paid back now). I don't see myself needing to take a loan in Ireland in the future, so does it really matter if I don't pay it back at the moment? What procedures can the banks take against you in this situation? Will I be arrested at the border? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please read the forum charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement