Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unveil New Material

Options
  • 16-07-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

This is the first single off "I'm With You".

Fantastic new tune called "The Adventures of Raindance Maggie" is now available to watch in full on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYFc5JoWbI

Hope you all like it, I'm just hoping the Irish and UK tour dates will be announced soon enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's pretty bad to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

It's not bad, there's a groovy bassline and the drums fit pretty well. Josh's guitar style is (as flea said in an interview recently) subtle and it 'kinda creeps up on you'. Chorus is a bit of a let down. I often think about the chilis last few singles "can't see anyone singing along to that on the radio" but then I end up being surprised when people do just that.

Although it does sound kinda like they're continuing the stadium arcadium vibe/trying to wedge in a new guitarist who doesn't really fit that particular sound.

I'm not blown away by it, I'll still pick up the album because I'm sure there'll be some gems on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Time to call it a day.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Very boring stuff, they've been phoning it in for years and this continues that trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

the best part of the song is the funky bassline which is far too understated. the 'heeey noww' bit has been done to death at this stage in many different guises. chili's need to bring the funk back and not fear the mainstream repercussions of not getting as much radio play.

this is disappointing imo. and i can't see why anyone would be particularly enthusiastic about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I am, and no I don't "just" like Stadium Arcadium in case anyone thinks it. Look forward to the rest of the album!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

After one listen, I like the verses, but I agree, the chorus isn't great.

I love John Frusciante, but I actually think the guitar is great in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Just after listening to this. My opinion...............it's not bad.They could have got two good songs out of it. I don't think the chorus goes with the verse all that well. I think both the chorus and the verse are relatively sweet, but not in the same song.

I'm looking forward to getting the new album. I'm definitely going to buy it this time round, as opposed to pirating it that is. Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh. I do miss me CD's me hearties aaaarrrrrrrggghh. F*** you iTunes, ya scurvy dog. F*** you. Aaaarrrgghh. Yo ho ho. Ya scurvy dog.

Exclusive

Leeg17 wrote: »
    and no I don't "just" like Stadium Arcadium in case anyone thinks it.

Would there actually be any fans of the band who "just" like Stadium Arcadium? I'm asking out of curiosity, seeing as it's a bloated dump of an album and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Thank God I'm not the only one who finds this track dull. It's just so 'meh'.

I would expect better bass from Flea, and obvious they're missing John.

Used to be my favourite band growing up. They should pack it in now if this is the best they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

Personally love the new single, can't wait for the new album & Irish/UK tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Thank God I'm not the only one who finds this track dull. It's just so 'meh'.

I would expect better bass from Flea, and obvious they're missing John.

Used to be my favourite band growing up. They should pack it in now if this is the best they can do.

yeah i would have to agree with you aswell its a very average track.it seems there best days are behind them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Even as Beady Eye fan, I think this sounds bland.

F*ck all the haters. RHCP 4 Life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Stevo2007

If you pre-order the album you get a presale code to get tickets to the Irish gig when its announced :D

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/preorder/

LOL fanboy.

LOL fanboy.

Yo 4 Life Yo - You heard me

Dude RHCP were my favourite band growing up and I love them as much as you do, but there's no denying that their new single is dross. Don't just pretend it isn't simply because it's RHCP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Would there actually be any fans of the band who "just" like Stadium Arcadium? I'm asking out of curiosity, seeing as it's a bloated dump of an album and all that.

Bloated is a good word for it. If they took the best 14 songs from both CDs and made a single disc album it woulda been a hell of a lot better. Too much filler.

The new song sounds ok to me but nothing special. Interested to see how rest of album sounds without Frusciante.

Dude RHCP were my favourite band growing up and I love them as much as you do, but there's no denying that their new single is dross. Don't just pretend it isn't simply because it's RHCP.

I agree, I suppose I just didn't particularly like the fanboy comment, but in fairness to you, I started it with the f*ck the haters comment. Let's just hope the album is better than the single eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sunnysummer

Im looking forward the new album. Think is track is kinda predicatble but it is a grower. Actually really like the cow bells. Dont think Ive heard that in a RHCP track before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭JimiWonderDoor 92

Its probably my least favourite of all Post Mother's Milk albums but if it wasnt newish RHCP would it get such a bad rap?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

To be fair that was 24 years ago and Kiedis and Hillel in particular were high on every possible drug in the world so I'm sure that had some influence on their music.

Early Chili's were unreal. Freaky Styley, Up Lift Mofo and BSSM are fantastic. I think they are on such a level that it's natural to feel left down with Stadium Arcadium and the like.

I'd love if they went back to the early funk days but I guess the passing of Slovak may have had something to do with it. Then Frusciante's own ideas on what the sound should be and after him Dave Navarro would have changed it further.

Also George Clinton produced some of their earlier stuff so he'd have had a major influence on their sound at that stage. Maybe Rick Rubin is discouraging them from going back to their roots. Who knows.

I'm looking forward to the album and going to see them hopefully wherever they play in Ireland.

Its probably my least favourite of all Post Mother's Milk albums but if it wasnt newish RHCP would it get such a bad rap?

That's an interesting question. If it was the band's first or second album it might not be considered so weak. But then again if a band put out an album like Stadium Arcadium early in their career it might totally finish them too. Only an established act can really afford to be that indulgent.

I don't think you can really judge it out of context. It came out when it did and was always going to be compared to the band's other output. It's like asking if St. Anger would be considered a good album if it had been released by a band other than Metallica. The answer is probably no, because a dump is a dump no matter who drops it or when.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You can't really expect another BSSM. The band has been around nearly 30 years. I don't think any band has ever maintained a consistently high standard for that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Im looking forward the new album. Think is track is kinda predicatble but it is a grower. Actually really like the cow bells. Dont think Ive heard that in a RHCP track before

they didn't have "a whole lot of songs that feature the cowbell"

Chad Smith is definitely an master exponent of the cowbell though, here he is guesting with another band in this, a classic recording session.

• Advertisement
Advertisement