Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want jtaged xbox

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

just a few questions i have read the threads but all the tecnological language has confused me i want it in simple language.my xbox was repaired by microsoft in november 2010 can it be jtaged.second question if i buy a jtaged xbox which is the best to buy.is it easy to get banned for using ot online.
    thanks all help is appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

canister94 wrote: »
    just a few questions i have read the threads but all the tecnological language has confused me i want it in simple language.my xbox was repaired by microsoft in november 2010 can it be jtaged.second question if i buy a jtaged xbox which is the best to buy.is it easy to get banned for using ot online.

If you want it in simple language, your going to have to provide some simple details. What dashboard is your Xbox 360 on, being a good one.

The best jtagged Xbox to buy would be a Jasper model. Purely because of its more efficient cooling design & power requirements (its less likely to fail).

Is it easy to get banned? Yes very easy. Keep it far away from Xbox Live.

Also, capital letters & punctuation would make it more attractive to read your post, & more likely for people to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

Point taken on the capitals.Thanks for the reply the dashboard is the newest one not sure of its name.So if you dont use it on xbox live its offline play only.What do most people use it for if its only offline.
    Thanks alot im a complete nube when it comes to this so all help is appreciated

Point taken on the capitals.Thanks for the reply the dashboard is the newest one not sure of its name.So if you dont use it on xbox live its offline play only.What do most people use it for if its only offline.
    Thanks alot im a complete nube when it comes to this so all help is appreciated

The latest dash is 13146, & in fact if you have anything past 7371 there is no hope of jtagging the console. The newer dashes prevent the possibility of jtagging.

As for its uses offline, well for a start it does what any offline Xbox360 can do. Play games. You can enhance the experience though by installing the likes of Freestlye Dash, to replace the traditional dash. You can also play online through Xlink Kai with other consoles (though recently a few of us here were unable to get this working properly). You can use any hdd, & are not limited to MS only ones. One of my jtags doesn't even have a dvd drive, I installed a 1TB hdd inside the console & it runs quite happily that way. Other people will have different uses. Some even revolve their life around COD & hacked lobbies...like driving a Ferrari around a karting track really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Repaired in November 2010? Not a chance buddy. Anything sent for repair after mid-August 2009 is a no-go as regardless of the dashboard version it will have a fixed bootloader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

There a few advertised for sale in this thread, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056209509 save you the hassle of having to find an exploitable console (which are few and far between).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

sorry i was away for a few days.really what i want is an xbox to run .xex files do custom zombie matches.i have no interest in doen tenth lobbies so could some of ye put me in the right direction of which one to buy from the sales section

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Custom XEX files = JTAG required. So any of them will do from the sales section. I have no interest, nor do I want to help people with COD or lobbies or anything, so my assistance stops at the technical level

There is a sticky at the top of the forum where modded consoles can be sold. You will likely find a jtag there, but heed the rules of the thread. There's no further need for this thread at this stage.

Advertisement