Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper broadband

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Im currently with UPC for broadband and TV and it costs 72 euros a month.

Thats way too much for their service IMO. Unfortunately in my apartmnet complex i cannot get sky so i am stuck wtih UPC for TV. I will be reducing it to the lowest package though.

I am wondering though, if i cancel my broadband with them, is there a cheaper service out there that might be ok?

Need to have wifi in the apartment for myself and housemates, but would like to lower our outgoings also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

Thats way too much for their service IMO. Unfortunately in my apartmnet complex i cannot get sky so i am stuck wtih UPC for TV. I will be reducing it to the lowest package though.

I am wondering though, if i cancel my broadband with them, is there a cheaper service out there that might be ok?

Need to have wifi in the apartment for myself and housemates, but would like to lower our outgoings also.

Out in the sticks in North Kerry, it costs me more than double that figure for having a piddling 2mb Vodafone phone/broadband package along with the Sky set-up (including movies).

You should get your post moved to the Bargain Forum.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You answered your own question.

Reduce it to the lowest package, 32.50 a month ?

Just get by with the normal channels (RTE etc) and you'll be better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

Or sign up for a proxy service and Netflix (US) for TV. Should be about €20 a month for TV.

UPC is shockingly cheap IMO c.f. other countries, and providers here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I think UPC's pricing is very reasonable to be honest, especially compared to other providers, their bundle rates are better than any other provider I've seen in Ireland

Their service on the other hand... It has got better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Old McGroin

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

How about cancelling your TV package with them and gettin a Saorview/Freesat combo like this one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056284276

I purchased the combo box on that thread and cancelled my Sky subscription so no more monthly TV bills. It's p!ss easy to set up and you get over 1 hundred channels including HD channels. Check out that thread for a list of all the channels you get. I'm well pleased with mine and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sky tv (without sports/movies): €23-€33 depending on the exact channels you choose
    eircom up to 8gb broadband: €24.99 with 10gb monthly limit, €29.99 unlimited

Advertisement