Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymote

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Ballymote is a stank hole,My best friend lived out there for 6 months(Lured by the cheap rent )i was out there often enough.Its honestly the only place i have been ever that i felt intimidated.I made the mistake of going into one of the pubs one night i was leered at for the whole night bumped into,generally trying to provoke me into a fighting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cashel Hill

Ballymote is a stank hole,My best friend lived out there for 6 months(Lured by the cheap rent )i was out there often enough.Its honestly the only place i have been ever that i felt intimidated.I made the mistake of going into one of the pubs one night i was leered at for the whole night bumped into,generally trying to provoke me into a fighting
    Gormleys yeah? Would hardly surprise me if it was.

Ballymote isn't too bad, a few gurriers around alright in the older estates, and the recent intake referred to above seem to be making their presence felt. But if you were careful in choosing where to go then there isn't any problem.. Might not be the most exciting town around, but I really don't know what some people seem to expect from rural towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billyboyle

billyboyle wrote: »
    Maybe this will help you make up your mind about Tower Hill.

http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=15340

There are more than travellers causing anti social behaviour.one lad has been evicted from 2 houses and now living in a third one owned by a Sligo taxi driver. The noise from this house is atrocious and they have been served with an ASBO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

I'm exactly 5 miles from Tubbercurry and Ballymote, 'a blow in' you might call me. Still I've never heard anything negative mentioned about Ballymote until this thread.
    Ballymote is a bit of a kip in fairness. It's dirt cheap for a reason. Far too much anti social behaviour and not a great community spirt in what is a small town. I wouldn't recommend anyone to live in Ballymote. Saying all that, still loads of good people there so wouldn't tar the everyone with the same brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Just realised that post I was 2 years old. Oh well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement