Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding booking fees on music tickets

Options
  • 16-07-2011 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Sorry If this isn't the correct place to post but as the title thread suggests, how cab you avoid paying the €5=6 or so booking fees on most concert tickets?

I wanna go see too man DJs in Marlay park and also Blondie in the Olympia.

If I just bought the Blondie tickets straight form the Olympia box office would I be charged the fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

compsys wrote: »
    Sorry If this isn't the correct place to post but as the title thread suggests, how cab you avoid paying the €5=6 or so booking fees on most concert tickets?

I wanna go see too man DJs in Marlay park and also Blondie in the Olympia.

If I just bought the Blondie tickets straight form the Olympia box office would I be charged the fee?

If you buy them from the Ticketmaster booth in St Stephens Green Shopping Centre (Cash or Laser), you won't have to pay any additional booking fee or service charge.

I think it's the same if you buy from The Olympia Box Office, but you wouldn't be able to buy tickets for The Marlay Park concert there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Gigs & Events

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

buy them from soundcellar on nassau st. and bypass ticketbastard altogether. soundcellar just add on a one euro handling fee. and theyre sound.

buy them from soundcellar on nassau st. and bypass ticketbastard altogether. soundcellar just add on a one euro handling fee. and theyre sound.

But they are more expensive than the Ticketmaster booth up the road?

really? i always thought soundcellar and tickets.ie were cheaper to buy from than ticketmaster outlets

maybe someone else can verify it but im nearly certain this is the case

• Advertisement

really? i always thought soundcellar and tickets.ie were cheaper to buy from than ticketmaster outlets

maybe someone else can verify it but im nearly certain this is the case

I could be wrong,

Maybe tickets.ie/Soundcellar are cheaper, but I'm not sure if they sell tickets for all gigs (at the moment)

As you say, maybe someone else will know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They are cheaper unless you are paying cash/laser at those particular ticketmaster booth(s?) -in which case there is no fee. Soundcellar will charge an additional fee, if you collect at the boxoffice using tickets.ie then there is no fee -so its the same price as buying at the booth.

I think if you buy at the olympia box office there will be an additional charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I think the Max booking fee for a ticketmaster outlet is 2.15, compared to like 7 euro online. So those are your best bet really.

Also I think Blondie in the olympia is sold out :o

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=2623121&ar=blondie&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭compsys

Nooooooo!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

There is no booking fee charged when purchased at the Olympia box office... this was something I was completely unaware of when I bought my ticket to Sisters of Mercy there a week or two ago.

• Advertisement

compsys keep an eye out on this site, i reckon you'll get tickets no problem

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12062

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I saved the guts of seven Euro on Friday buying two tickets for two different gigs at a ticketbastard outlet (Elvery's) rather than online. That still included a fee of just over two Euro on each ticket. It's a bit more reasonable than the €6+ I would have paid on one of the tickets online, mind you.

Advertisement