Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what phone case offers the best protection?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

I'm planning on changing my 4-year-old brick for a swanky new smartphone, & want to get some kind of protective case for my new investment.

I've spoken to staff in a few phone shops & they all give conflicting advice on how best to protect the phone. Should I go for a plastic case on the back + a screen sticker thing, or a leather flip-style case? Any personal experience / advice appreciated! :)

If if makes any difference, I'm going to go for a Samsung Galaxy S2, and would like to have access to all the buttons / ports while the cover is still on. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I'm planning on changing my 4-year-old brick for a swanky new smartphone, & want to get some kind of protective case for my new investment.

I've spoken to staff in a few phone shops & they all give conflicting advice on how best to protect the phone. Should I go for a plastic case on the back + a screen sticker thing, or a leather flip-style case? Any personal experience / advice appreciated! :)

If if makes any difference, I'm going to go for a Samsung Galaxy S2, and would like to have access to all the buttons / ports while the cover is still on. Thanks!

Hi
    I use a leather flip case from krusell for my desire hd and find them very good have dropped the phone twice now with no damage.
    I am sure they do one for the new Samsung,the krusell cases give access to all your buttons and ports.http://www.phonesonline.ie/Product.asp?ProductID=1584

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Thanks for the recommendation Harr! Will check these out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

If you don't mind the ugly factor Otterbox cases are good, there is also a crowd called gellaskin on the tinterwebs that does skins but they wont protect the screen.

Advertisement