Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infractions

Options
  • 16-07-2011 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Hi, have been given two infractions (and a ban) by mod: muffler on Donegal board recently. The first one we banged heads and I eventually got banned. At the time I did comment that he seemed to be coming in on the side of another poster with whom he agreed.

Now I have received another infraction on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056326128 and have had a post removed I believe that muffler got mixed up in the order of posts, believing that my post directly contradicted his own; I explained this - the order - but he didn't reply to that communiction.
    He also removed a post of mine which questioned a post by another user with which he agreed.
    I have brought the issue up with muffler and he has now pointed me here. He says that I have accused him of being biased, when I have pointed out that the two times I've received infractions was when I disagreed with posts for which muffler thanked the poster.
    If a person can't hold an opposing view to a mod without getting infractions then what is the point of boards other than asking the odd question?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I will drop Muffler a PM and get all the details.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I have read through the thread. I have asked Muffler for his side and I agree with the infraction given in this case. The thread was taken off topic. And you argued with a mod in thread.

If you are unhappy with this you can request an Admin to review it.

Lucy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

I don't see how muffler giving me an infraction for him getting the sequence of a the posts on a thread wrong, and for me clarifying that my post was an opioion and not a statement.

Here is what muffer said as his reason for giving me an infraction:

Muffler: "Killerbeg mad a statement and was asked for the source to back up his statement" (no he wasn't I was the one asked for a source not killerbeg
    Muffler: "I posted as a mod and said that it was reasonable to ask for the source/back up.You then decided that you knew better than me and took up the "case" on behalf of killerbeg and argued that it wasn't a statement that it was an opinion. No I didn't I was just posting/clarifying that it was my opionion that I'd posted earlier... begining a sentence with 'I suppose' usually isn't the prelude to a definitive statement
    Muffler: You ended up arguing in opposition to what I had posted in my capacity as a moderator which is not acceptable and is in breach of the forum charter. It was only arguing if the sequence was as Muffler thought, not as the sequence of posts actually went

How do I get an admin to review it?

Advertisement