Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vision Group- Forresters Fund for Children

Options
  • 16-07-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi
    I'm new to this board but it seems like a good place to post a warning about these <SNIP>.

Long story short- my dh has set up a small business and placed an ad in the Galway Advertiser. He was then cold called by someone who said they represented a charity called the Forresters Fund for Children who were publishing a magazine that would be distrubuted at the Galway Races. DH said he'd think about it. Anyway next thing a magazine arrives in the post called M8 which seems to be targetted at children- there's articles about how to beat bullies etc. This magazine is allegedly distrubuted to all schools in the local area (they're not! I've checked. My kids go to 2 local schools and not one magazine has been distrubuted and I've asked all my friends including teachers and they are not aware of the magazine). His ad was there along with loads of other local companies and some from Mayo and Sligo. There was also an invoice for £150. Anyway a bit of digging on the net produced info such as

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=184181

Basically its a <SNIP>. There are no magzines distrubuted to anyone except the advertiser. They have now started sending threatening letters and ringing us. We're ignoring all their attempts to contact us.

The lastest attempt was yesterday when we got a letter from their 'legal department' that also went in the bin.

So be warned!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marie1967

Here's another link when they were operating under the name Vardis. They're obviously targetting Ireland now.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2007/05/vardiss-sick-kids-charity-scam.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

marie1967 wrote: »
    ...They have now started sending threatening letters and ringing us. We're ignoring all their attempts to contact us.

The lastest attempt was yesterday when we got a letter from their 'legal department' that also went in the bin....

Why did they send you a legal letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 marie1967

For non payment of the 'invoice' sent with the magazine despite the fact that we never agreed to the advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Make a fake solicitor letter up yourself and send it to them asking for a copy of the contract you signed. Shouldn't bother you much after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

They tried to <SNIP> us back a few years ago, I faxed the invoice back to them with all the newspaper reports I could find off the net about them being scammers <SNIP> along with a detailed letter c.c'ed to my solicitor that if they sent anymore "letters" demanding money with menaces that I would report them to the guards.

Never heard from them again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue as it relates to business. Moved to Business & Entreprenurial.

All allegations/unproven statements have also been removed.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭MLMwatch

I also got scammed by these guys I think. I am waiting for them to give me the name of the person or group who will be distributing their mag in Dublin. I am not expecting to get that info. This being the case I will escalate to the fraud squad in the UK.
    It's only 100 euro which isn't much in the grand scheme of things but there is a principal involved.

Would any other victims of these parasites care to join me in a combined approach to the police ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrsFitz

I just got a call of this crowd too, it was for the same, advertising €100.
    How did you get rid of them, I tried calling the number they rang me on back, but there is no answer and their mail box is full.

Advertisement