Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it only possible to claim from vhi for expenses that occured this year

• 16-07-2011 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

For example, is it too late to claim for last years expenses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Depends on when your renewal date is. VHI now enforce rule of claiming within 3 months of your renewal date for individuals and companies. VHI also now enforce rule where your plan lasts for the full year and penalise you if you switch. Vhi also now say that you cannot switch plans within the year. This means that if there are any special offers on, existing plan holders get no benefit then.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

can anyone shed anymore light on this i want to claim for expenses goin back 3 yrs? is that possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

I claimed for last 2 years few weeks ago. No issues. Just send the receipts in and you will see in your statement what is being payed.

If you changed your packages within these years some receipts may not be payable due to cooling off periods they have after changing their packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Cheers halker!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

Hi, sorry to disappioint you, but I think Halkar was lucky in getting money back for last two years, as Vhi only pay out if you submit your claim/receipts within three months at end of year. I know I work for Vhi and spend my day replying to complaints from customers. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Yes I have over 20 real life cases where 3 month rule has been enforced.

Advertisement