Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock 2nd hand furniture

• 16-07-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Does anybody know if there is still a charity donation place in Blackrock that is nearly like an indoor carboot sale.....where people would donate their furniture when their relatives died? Was in it years ago and just wondering does it still exist and if somebody could tell me the name and location please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Blackrock Market?
    It's not a charity, or anything to do with charity AFAIK. There is a charity shop in the village, but it is quite small.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Try Buckleys Auction in sandycove?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Or Mullen's auctions in Shankill. Not free but a few bargains to be had. The newer furniture they sell goes for decent prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I am not sure if the OP is looking to buy or donate ? There is a place in Shankill near to Bray where a charity takes in furniture in need of smartening up and then sells on. They train people to do the renovations and this is the 'charity' end of it I suppose. Freetrade is good for getting things but need to be vigilant. Any items I have posted there have gone quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Hi

Does anybody know if there is still a charity donation place in Blackrock that is nearly like an indoor carboot sale.....where people would donate their furniture when their relatives died? Was in it years ago and just wondering does it still exist and if somebody could tell me the name and location please?

Nah it's closed a good while now, it was up on Georges avenue in an old Garage, used to get some great bargains there.

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lily McKinnon

Thanks a million Uch..that was the place I was talking about! It's a pity it's gone...

Thanks everybody else for all the helpful suggestions..

Advertisement