Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best butchers in co.clare?

• 16-07-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for good steaks etc:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 raye

Mc's butchers in Sixmilebridge, delicious t-bone steaks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

I can't remember the name but its the one in Roslevan shopping centre (they also have one in town on Abbey St), I think they are brilliant. And they make their own flavoured sausages which are lovely.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I normally go to O'Keeffe's around by Gallow's Hill, there's a handy parking area around by Wallnut House, I go in to the butchers first, get what I've to get then into the greengrocers afterwards to pick up whatever veg I need to go with it. I usually get a handy box as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Henrib wrote: »
    I can't remember the name but its the one in Roslevan shopping centre (they also have one in town on Abbey St), I think they are brilliant. And they make their own flavoured sausages which are lovely.
    That's Molloy's butchers. They have won a few awards.

I like Kavanagh's in Ballina/Killaloe, but they also have a shop in Lifford Road (next to Mickey Kerins) too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Quinns(next to O`Sullivan & Hansbury) are great value with tasty stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

zweton wrote: »
    Any recommendations for good steaks etc:)

Clares a big county! A fair drive from Loop Head to Killaloe :D

East Clare direction Id say Kavanaghs in Killaloe-Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭woggie

Have to second Donie O'Keefe & Clare fruit & veg shop at the bottom of turnpike road:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

Micheal Hynes, Corofin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was home early today so I called up to O'Keefee's, just picked up some stuffed chicken, wrapped in bacon with sweet chilli sauce, then popped in next door and picked up a couple of apples, bananas, carrots (for dinner) and a bag of small potatoes. I was in and out within 5 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Clareman wrote: »
    I was home early today so I called up to O'Keefee's, just picked up some stuffed chicken, wrapped in bacon with sweet chilli sauce, then popped in next door and picked up a couple of apples, bananas, carrots (for dinner) and a bag of small potatoes. I was in and out within 5 minutes
    Sounds delicious, what time you do want us all to call over? :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Nice but pricey. Got 2 T-Bones there and they cost a tenner each. They were lovely though.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Sounds delicious, what time you do want us all to call over? :D:D:D

I don't normally like people watching me eat, but seeing as it's yourself that's in it you can call around 7ish. The dinner was lovely by the way, well less than a tenner for the 2 of us, stuffed chicken, spuds, carrots & mushrooms, yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Liam O'Meara, Tulla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

A yes from me.The Roslevan butcher is hard to beat.Beautiful stuff.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Warper wrote: »
    Nice but pricey. Got 2 T-Bones there and they cost a tenner each. They were lovely though.
    Ya, theyre dear enough.I spoze you pay for quality.We're still paying Berties wages and pension.Was'nt he quality?:D.Seriously though-The Roslevan butcher is quality meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

guys i went to the one in the roslevan the other day and got 1 t bone and a fillet......mmm scrumptious.:) thanks for yer recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Joey Kavanagh's in Scariff - absolutely the best meats ever.

Advertisement