Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Previous claims when renewing house insurance

Options
  • 16-07-2011 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am in the process of renewing home insurance,I called up one company after getting a quote online to proceed and pay for the policy and was asked about previous claims I answered yes one over a yr ago and i declared that online and was settled for under 5000. Claim was settled and i received a check for 4999 euro and sixty something cents however the insurance company said this figure needs to include the excess of 250 euro which was on my policy and brings the claim over 5000 euro so they can't insure me. also when looking at other companies they won't entertain anyone who has had a claim over 5000 in the last 3 yrs. I obtained insurance last yr only declaring the claim was 4999 as I believed this was the case and didn't know i had to add the excess. Anyone experiencing same problems? I assumed the claim was settled for the ridiculous amount of 4999 euro and 60 something cents so I was under the 5000 mark and able to obtain future insurance why else would such a random figure be used? Is it correct that I need to declare the claim as 5249 and not 4999?
    Interested to hear other peoples experience Thanks in advance

Advertisement