Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South East Radio Secret Sound -

Options
  • 16-07-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

We are 100 % convinced that we know the answer to this one .

It will be worth € 2,500 on Monday -

We registered this morning for the 3 shows , and then we rang South East radio and they told us that we must register during the show .

Really looking forward to Monday morning now .

Here are all the wrong answers :

http://www.southeastradio.ie/programmes_schedule/the_secret_sound.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

i'm sure that all the people who sent in the wrong answers were 100% sure they knew the answer too.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

How much has this scam netted SE Radio in text fees? The sound is Mick Wallace's dog farting, in the unlikely case you are lucky enough to guess it's a dog farting, that won't do, it has to be Mick Wallace's dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

bmaxi wrote: »
    How much has this scam netted SE Radio in text fees? The sound is Mick Wallace's dog farting, in the unlikely case you are lucky enough to guess it's a dog farting, that won't do, it has to be Mick Wallace's dog.

Yep - I agree , It is 60c per text and the revenue must be massive . They increase the competition by €100 each week that is is not won.

We entered on four mobile phones last Saturday when we were convinced that we now know the answer .
    We received a text back to say that we were now registered for each show .
    There are four shows , so 60c x 4 = €2.40 x 4 = a total of € 9.60 it cost us , only to discover that we are not actually registered at all.

There should be a system where you cannot register until the show begins .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Simple answer to this-listen to a decent radio station.;)

zerks wrote: »

Am on holidays from work , other that that - would not normally listen to radio stations at all.

But in this case , I recorded the secret sound from the radio , and recorded a similar sound . ( both on my mobile phone )

The sounds are identical ( so it aint Mick's dog fart1ng )

• Advertisement

I don't know where you live but we're not exactly spoiled for choice. :(

I don't know where you live but we're not exactly spoiled for choice. :(

Anything other than South East radio is an instant step up in quality.TodayFM for entertainment and Newstalk for current affairs and sport.

You must get a new radio if all you can pick up is South East radio:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Yep - I agree , It is 60c per text and the revenue must be massive . They increase the competition by €100 each week that is is not won.

We entered on four mobile phones last Saturday when we were convinced that we now know the answer .
    We received a text back to say that we were now registered for each show .
    There are four shows , so 60c x 4 = €2.40 x 4 = a total of € 9.60 it cost us , only to discover that we are not actually registered at all.

There should be a system where you cannot register until the show begins .

But did you enter when the show began... and did you win??

Dinkie wrote: »
    But did you enter when the show began... and did you win??

Yes indeed , - have entered most shows since yesterday . Still waiting for phones to ring .

Its worth €2,700 this week

Anything other than South East radio is an instant step up in quality.TodayFM for entertainment and Newstalk for current affairs and sport.

You must get a new radio if all you can pick up is South East radio:D

I never said I could only get SE Radio, it's getting a decent radio station I have the problem with. You haven't mentioned one there. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I never said I could only get SE Radio, it's getting a decent radio station I have the problem with. You haven't mentioned one there. :rolleyes:

Maybe Lyric FM is more to your taste?:D There's always the internet if you want more choice.

Maybe Lyric FM is more to your taste?:D There's always the internet if you want more choice.

Not fair to compare Lyric FM with Today FM. Lyric is for adults.
    With the miserable download speeds and allowances around here, internet radio on a full time basis would require remortgaging. I do use it on occasion but I draw the line at carrying the pc around and I'm not paying the guts of €200 for a radio plus maybe a new router.

Bmaxi-do you know the secret sound? :)

Have you tried radio via satellite? A lot of choice there but limited to listening at home.Maybe a new isp would be on the cards.

Bmaxi-do you know the secret sound? :)

Have you tried radio via satellite? A lot of choice there but limited to listening at home.Maybe a new isp would be on the cards.

I told you earlier what the sound was.
    I'm not that pushed really about the radio, I just like a moan now and then :), if I want I can go upstairs and listen to BBC or whatever on satellite or internet but really, reception on FM around Courtown, even on SE radio, is rubbish. I can actually get BBC from Wales, Devon or Cornwall, on AM better than I can get local stations, which turns out not to be such a bad thing. Same goes for TV but at least we know why that is.

We have now spent more than €20 on text messages to enter the Secret Sound competition , and we still have not received a phone call from SER.

My guess has not been suggested yet , and neither has bmaxi's .

So Bmaxi - I now believe your answer is correct .:) -

I give up .:mad:

We have now spent more than €20 on text messages to enter the Secret Sound competition , and we still have not received a phone call from SER.

My guess has not been suggested yet , and neither has bmaxi's .

So Bmaxi - I now believe your answer is correct .:) -

I give up .:mad:

I suggest kidnapping Wallace's dog, force feeding it baked beans and taping a microphone to it's arse.

Actually, we are probably promoting this scam by publicising it in this thread. If 1000 other people have had the same result as you, not a bad little earner foe SE.

Turns out Wallace's dog farting sounds just like someone cutting their nails. :D
    I wonder how long this would have gone on for if they hadn't virtually given it away, maybe someone on SE reads this forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Maybe they do...

As I said in my opening piece , we registered on a Saturday with 3 phones , for all the shows .

This cost us €7.20 .- Next when we rang SER , they told us that you must register during the show .- this was not made clear on the website promotion .

So the €7.20 was money down the drain for us .

We would have spent a further €20.00 in the next week on this , but we never got a call.

Then one day , I was listening SER at 2.30 pm and the man said that you could now start registering by text for teh next show .

Now this got me thinking that we were losing out , because we had been told that we cannot register until during the show .

It is not fair that a text will be accepted outside show hours though .-

Surely these phone companies could have a system whereby you will not be charged only during a competition duration .

Anyway , best of luck to the winner , and looking forward to the next instalment ............................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its a money making machine for South East Radio there not breaking the law neither are the phone companies if only they would invest the money into providing some decent programmes and content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Is it me or is it the most annoying, suicidial-inducing radio show in the world? God, how I wish a Tsunami would hit and wash that Alan Corcoran and the rest out to sea.

Is it me or is it the most annoying, suicidial-inducing radio show in the world? God, how I wish a Tsunami would hit and wash that Alan Corcoran and the rest out to sea.

Actually I find Alan Corcoran the best of a very poor lot, except when he has that Inspector Mick Walsh on, lecturing us all on road safety.
    He'd want to take a look out his window at the illegal parking outside Wexford Garda station, pedestrians being forced on to the road by Garda vehicles parked on the footpath etc. A case of "don't do as I do, do as I say"
    Ask him about that next time, Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Actually I find Alan Corcoran the best of a very poor lot, except when he has that Inspector Mick Walsh on, lecturing us all on road safety.
    He'd want to take a look out his window at the illegal parking outside Wexford Garda station, pedestrians being forced on to the road by Garda vehicles parked on the footpath etc. A case of "don't do as I do, do as I say"
    Ask him about that next time, Alan.

The final straw for me was the thing in the morning where they make the young fella on the line go "grrrrrrrrrr" like a pirate.

Yeah I know what you mean about the Garda station. As if that road wasnt bad enough they clog it up with the cars. Arent they meant to be out on the road like? Probably too busy walking along the town fighting crime (i.e. "where did you get those cigarettes?") while someone is robbing a house.

Advertisement