Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accompaniment to slow-roast pork shoulder

• 16-07-2011 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

So I've currently got a shoulder of pork in the oven, slow-roasting all day thanks to the Jamie Oliver recipe. I'm planning to serve it with the recipe's gravy, roast potatoes and steamed veg. I was also looking forward to some apple sauce but unfortunately I'm out of both apple sauce and apples, and I'm determined not to spend any money today. Any suggestions to replace apple sauce? The internet is no help. I've got pears and mixed berries if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So I've currently got a shoulder of pork in the oven, slow-roasting all day thanks to the Jamie Oliver recipe. I'm planning to serve it with the recipe's gravy, roast potatoes and steamed veg. I was also looking forward to some apple sauce but unfortunately I'm out of both apple sauce and apples, and I'm determined not to spend any money today. Any suggestions to replace apple sauce? The internet is no help. I've got pears and mixed berries if that helps.
    You could make a bernaise sauce and then let it down with some of the roasting juices?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love something fruity with pork so I'd stew the pears and mash them down to make a sauce. In fact, I love the idea of pear sauce instead of apple for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

That has to be one of my favourite recipes, the meat is absolutely stunning. How did it turn out in the end for you? Oh and next time your making it dont forget to get the long french baguette to make sambos with the left overs the next day. I think I know whats on the menu for Sunday roast this weekend!

Advertisement