Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection droping every 2 minutes. Really frustrating!

Options
  • 16-07-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I rarely have any trouble with with Eircom connection. It was allways flawless.

Starting today I get disconnects every 2 minutes. Internet light starts flashing then goes red, dsl lights turns off itself. Then after a minute it reconnects . All green and Internet light flashing green. Give 2 minutes and its gone to red again.

It's netopia rooter, from 5 years ago? Newer had this issue and it was all fine up today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I rarely have any trouble with with Eircom connection. It was allways flawless.

Starting today I get disconnects every 2 minutes. Internet light starts flashing then goes red, dsl lights turns off itself. Then after a minute it reconnects . All green and Internet light flashing green. Give 2 minutes and its gone to red again.

It's netopia rooter, from 5 years ago? Newer had this issue and it was all fine up today.

Hi ShadowHearth
    sorry to hear that, can you PM me your tel. number and I can have this investigated, should be able to help here. Are you connected via ethernet or wireless?
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey. I made a phone call on Saturday after I newer got reply here. The fella on phone ask me to take out filter. Asked me if I had anything else connected to the line. I have only modem connected to the line. Asked to do basic stuff like resetting modem too.

So all he said: will have to send out engeener to check the lines. I asked if my modem is a problem, but he just replied that it deffenetly problem with line.

I came back home after work and it does same thing again. Green for 2 mintues, then goes red. Rinse and repeat.

My co-worker who lives on ather side of town has similar problem with Eircom all weekend.

Is there still a point giving you my account number so you can have a look? Or there is not much we can do at this stage?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hey. I made a phone call on Saturday after I newer got reply here. The fella on phone ask me to take out filter. Asked me if I had anything else connected to the line. I have only modem connected to the line. Asked to do basic stuff like resetting modem too.

So all he said: will have to send out engeener to check the lines. I asked if my modem is a problem, but he just replied that it deffenetly problem with line.

I came back home after work and it does same thing again. Green for 2 mintues, then goes red. Rinse and repeat.

My co-worker who lives on ather side of town has similar problem with Eircom all weekend.

Is there still a point giving you my account number so you can have a look? Or there is not much we can do at this stage?

Thank you.

Hi ShadowHearth
    well my guess at this time would be that there may be an issue in your area, basing this on what tech advised you and that your friend has same issue in same area...If this is the case I imagine this is being investigated, however if you PM me your line number I can advise you as to action being taken and when this may be resolved.
    Tony

thanks to Tony. helped me alot so far!

nice to have a good eircom customer support on boards.ie.

fair play.

problem sorted!

fair play to tony and everyone who was on my case!

very good customer support, allways updated me on my issue, newer left me hanging!

One of the reasons why i stay with eircom for last 6 years. customer support is allways at top level!

If you got problem with eircom and you are on boards.ie, contact tony first, he will sort it out! 10/10

thank you Tony.

• Advertisement
Advertisement