Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Palace Rathmines Chinese - what's happened to it?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭

Golden Palace Chinese take away in Rathmines appears to have just suddenly closed - anyone know anything?

Served the best meats and curry's IMO in South Dublin. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Golden Palace Chinese take away in Rathmines appears to have just suddenly closed - anyone know anything?

Served the best meats and curry's IMO in South Dublin. :(

I was wondering the same thing.

My favourite Chinese takeaway ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Has been closed down for a while now.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

It was the best in Rathmines by far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Has been closed down for a while now.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

it was open 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

temply wrote: »
    it was open 2 weeks ago

yep, it sure was. :(

It was popular as well - can't have been lack of business...

Looked in the window yesterday and saw there are still cans of coke in the fridge...

• Advertisement

temply wrote: »
    it was open 2 weeks ago

Sorry, "a while" was probably an exaggeration. Last time I got a szechuan from there was Saturday 2nd July and a friend went down to get a takeaway on the Tuesday it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

yep, it sure was. :(

It was popular as well - can't have been lack of business...

Looked in the window yesterday and saw there are still cans of coke in the fridge...

There is a shocking amount of take aways in Rathmines isn't there? I'd imagine competition is fierce between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Went by yesterday and still no activity, sign in the window says its 'closed for decorate', but there has definitely been no one around.
    Had to go to Ho-Ho's down by Tesco for my fix, wasn't too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

sickle wrote: »
    Went by yesterday and still no activity, sign in the window says its 'closed for decorate', but there has definitely been no one around.
    Had to go to Ho-Ho's down by Tesco for my fix, wasn't too bad!

Blegh, Ho-Ho's is the pits. There's a place two minutes walk down the Dartry road from it that's a million times better.

gudwan wrote: »
    Blegh, Ho-Ho's is the pits. There's a place two minutes walk down the Dartry road from it that's a million times better.

Assume thats Zen you are talking about, great dumplings but I find that they use boiled chicken in their dishes which I hate.

• Advertisement

gudwan wrote: »

Or do you mean Golden Phoenix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gudwan

Can't for the life of me remember the name of the place, but it's got a red front to it. It wasn't the best I've eaten or anything, but I knew someone who would insist on eating the muck served in Ho-Ho's instead of going to this closer restaurant, which I never understood.

GOLDEN PALACE IS BACK :D

Went by there this evening and doors were open so went in and ordered - just the chef there on his own taking orders!

Asked him what the story was and was told "Oh we on holidays for 2 weeks" - told him a sign to this effect might have helped...

Anyway - same curry but chicken was very tough. Suppose that's to be expected when it's been lying there for 2 weeks. :eek:

Will keep an eye and see if the rest of the staff return. Didn't check to see were their phonelines operational again (they weren't ringing for the last 2 weeks)

Anyway...good news it seems.

Or is it really? Saw only chef in there again yesterday and when I rang to make an order the phone was still out of order - hope they ain't just getting rid of "old stock" :p

I was confusing it with the golden phoenix, which is still closed too (rathmines road next to field & vine)

think we can assume it has met its end. No sign of life for the last few weeks and just a phone number on the door with some chinese writing.

Advertisement