Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Providers Speed

• 16-07-2011 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if Broadband providers like Eircom and Vodafone give the same speed broadband?

The reason i am asking is that i've been on Vodafone for the last year and while the speed initially was around 1.5meg (which was pretty slow in the first place), it has fallen to around 512k and below since christmas. I rang vodafone and they sent out a tech after getting me to turn on and off my modem and pull out and plug in the phone line about 10 times and the tech guy says that there is nothing wrong with my line and that is my providers fault but I'm not sure since he works for eircom whether he's being genuine or not.

So if i switch to Eircom, will my speed go back up or am i living in a country where BB speed gets slower rather than faster?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Forgot to mention i'm living in kilcoole co.wicklow if there is any other providers that can offer me faster speeds.

Advertisement