Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hannspree 32"tv

• 16-07-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the Sky code for the remote?

I found a few online but none seem to work.

Model num: sj32dmbb

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭John mac

more here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

John mac wrote: »
    more here
    Thanks for that John, I have an old Panasonic Sky box and remote (I think it's version 4) and none of the codes will work.

It's really annoying because I had a 28" Toshiba television before and it worked with Sky e.g volume. I'm after upgrading the Television expecting the same functionality, maybe I should have bought a better brand.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

When you upgrade the TV you often have to upgrade the remote for one with the latest codes. That is explained on the linked page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Liameter wrote: »
    When you upgrade the TV you often have to upgrade the remote for one with the latest codes. That is explained on the linked page.
    So I have to get a new Sky remote?
    Will that work with my old Sky box?
    Sorry for all the questions just want to get this sorted, not a fan of having loads of remotes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

This process worked for the Hannspree SJ28DMBB model (may also work for SJ32DMBB) on a new Sky HD box.
    Adapted from here...

1) Switch on the TV set and sky box
    2) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote
    3) Hold down the select and red buttons for 2-3 seconds until the LED blinks twice
    4) Press the TV button on the Sky Remote again
    5) Enter 0056
    6) The LED should blink twice
    7) Press the standby button on the Sky Remote (The TV didn't go into standby for this model )
    8) Then press the TV button then the standby button, then TV then standby, keep repeating this until successful. This will scan the codes used for a particular make of TV. It took me four attempts at pressing TV and standby until TV switched off.
    9) Press Select to store.

Hope this helps.

Probably possible to work out the exact code but i didn't get around to it yet.

C.

• Advertisement
Advertisement