Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Down to Business, Sun 17th, 10am

• 16-07-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Talking about the business of a photographer
    (not the whole
    hour) link below:

www.newstalk.ie/2011/programmes/all-programmes/down-to-business/coming-up-on-this-weeks-down-to-business-–-17th-of-july/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

dinneenp wrote: »

Yeah, heard yer man Bobby from Dragons' doing a trailer. Might be interesting, I assume it'll be on playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Just listened to it. 15mins long, a bit of a nothing piece, hardly worth the download.

Yeah pretty uninspiring, Bobby's interviewing technique is terrible, he just interrupts all the time. I've interviewed Margaret Moore before for Business Plus magazine and she has loads of interesting stuff to tell if only she was let say it!

Yup, he kept interrupting, especially in the beginning. Though, I liked the cut of Margaret's jib. I had a look at her work and it's solid. I like it, No gimmicks at all.

oshead wrote: »
    Yup, he kept interrupting, especially in the beginning. Though, I liked the cut of Margaret's jib. I had a look at her work and it's solid. I like it, No gimmicks at all.

Herself and her husband Barry are old school film heads, their product is beautiful, flawless hand made prints, but you pay for what you get. Their product is not cheap and they know how to sell. I have direct experience of this having had my self, my wife and three kids shot there just after the youngest was old enough to stand. They draw you in with a reasonable studio fee and then persuade you to buy more prints than you actually want :) Gorgeous prints though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

The link doesn't work for me.

I'd love to intern for a while to see how they go about it, doing it their way. Pity I'm too old... :o
    steve06 wrote: »
    The link doesn't work for me.

It's over now steve. If you look at the pod cast section of the site you might find it's been uploaded already.

Advertisement