Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Jobs?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I graduated 2 years ago from an arts degree and have had little luck in finding any relevant jobs of interest to me; this is in no small part due to my complete lack of direction.

Trying to sort my head now, and focus my energy on getting a 'career' for myself; motivated in the main by a vacuous existence in the retail industry :D

Been looking at possibly heading in the direction of a MA in Media Law; probably via a PgDip in Law; if the Uni of East Anglia are less than receptive to my plea bargain.

Anyway, before I decide on anything I am seeking some knowledge from ye in the know. Which industries seem to be proving to have high employment rates for graduates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

dceire wrote: »
    I graduated 2 years ago from an arts degree and have had little luck in finding any relevant jobs of interest to me; this is in no small part due to my complete lack of direction.

Trying to sort my head now, and focus my energy on getting a 'career' for myself; motivated in the main by a vacuous existence in the retail industry :D

Been looking at possibly heading in the direction of a MA in Media Law; probably via a PgDip in Law; if the Uni of East Anglia are less than receptive to my plea bargain.

Anyway, before I decide on anything I am seeking some knowledge from ye in the know. Which industries seem to be proving to have high employment rates for graduates?

Just go do IT. law is screwed too many solicitors not enough houses being sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Do you mean 'Just go do IT (Information Technology)' or;
    'Just go do it (the Law course)'?

I'm confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Do you mean 'Just go do IT (Information Technology)' or;
    'Just go do it (the Law course)'?

I'm confused :confused:

Seriously? :eek:

The guy said "law is screwed too many solicitors". What's confusing about that?
    He said to do Information Technology, but frankly I don't like your chances of passing either if you couldn't understand his post

Thanks for that BQQ; a bit premenstrual are we?

I asked for clarification because it didn't make sense to say 'go for it' and then follow it up the way he did. I deeply regret my act of utter stupidity and shall apply for a job in McDonalds without haste.

I'm sure your measure of intelligence is the marker by which many top Universities around the world are admitting new students.

Now has anyone got anything positive, about the original topic of conversation, to contribute?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Thanks for that BQQ; a bit premenstrual are we?

I asked for clarification because it didn't make sense to say 'go for it' and then follow it up the way he did. I deeply regret my act of utter stupidity and shall apply for a job in McDonalds without haste.

I'm sure your measure of intelligence is the marker by which many top Universities around the world are admitting new students.

Now has anyone got anything positive, about the original topic of conversation, to contribute?

No lack of jobs in accounting and finance it seems .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

BQQ wrote: »
    Seriously? :eek:

The guy said "law is screwed too many solicitors". What's confusing about that?
    He said to do Information Technology, but frankly I don't like your chances of passing either if you couldn't understand his post
    A simple explanation would have sufficed - no need to be rude.

Little Pea wrote: »
    No lack of jobs in accounting and finance it seems .

Looks like I'll be sticking, vaguely, in the media field by doing a PgDip in Cultural Event Management at IADT. I've done a bit of work in the festival sector already and enjoyed it; might as well have a stab at it - not that there's likely to be many jobs about in that either. :rolleyes:

Advertisement