Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Sniper Rifle

Options
  • 16-07-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I'm looking to buy an Airsoft Sniper Rifle, and I want to know what you guys think are good rifles.
    I want a relatively cheap one, but good enough quality.
    I was looking at the Barret 50 Cal M82, but I think it is way too expensive.
    Are there any good online sites that I could get one off?

My friend claimed that he got a very good rifle for €80 from a site based in China.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

JG Bar-10 or TM VSR, the only rifles really worth buying unless you wanna spend more money to get them better.

But if its your first gun - don't bother, get an AEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 0utcast

Leftyflip wrote: »
    JG Bar-10 or TM VSR, the only rifles really worth buying unless you wanna spend more money to get them better.

But if its your first gun - don't bother, get an AEG.

Thanks for the tips, I did some research on both and they sound good.
    Have you used or tried one?
    How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

hey man im selling a steyr ssg with 3 mags a scope and bipod for €130 if you want it but if its your first gun i would still recommend an AEG

hey man im selling a steyr ssg with 3 mags a scope and bipod for €130 if you want it but if its your first gun i would still recommend an AEG

Unfortunately I'm looking for around 10 of them :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

10 snipers????

• Advertisement

10 snipers????

Give or take 1 or 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

I am also looking at getting either a TM VSR or JG BAR. Is it correct to say that the only difference between them is the TM hop and the TM brand name? How would accuracy compare to a stock CYMA M14?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

No, the TM is superior in every way, but the BAR10 offers good value for money and is easily the best budget bolt action rifle on the market.

Comparing the accuracy of a bolt action to an AEG would be a bad comparison. Obviously the bolt action rifle will be far more accurate compared to any stock AEG, but the system is totally different. You're comparing apples to oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭King John The Last

So despite the barrel being half as long, a boltie will give better accuracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Barrel length isn't everything. You don't increase an AEG's accuracy by lengthening the barrel, you do it by tightening the bore.
    An airsoft rifle is a system. Bolties work better than anything else because they can operate at much tighter tolerances and with better air seals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement