Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco packet data

Options
  • 16-07-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hi. I just put on a Tesco one day data bundle on my dads Nokia 2690, just as an experiment. I'm worried that once the day is up he will incur further charges as I can find no way to disable Packet Data. There are only 2 options - When Needed or Always Online. If the browser is opened will it not automatically connect and charge his account for use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

AFAIR 'when needed' forces the browser to ask if you want to go online and select connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

ingalway wrote: »
    Hi. I just put on a Tesco one day data bundle on my dads Nokia 2690, just as an experiment. I'm worried that once the day is up he will incur further charges as I can find no way to disable Packet Data. There are only 2 options - When Needed or Always Online. If the browser is opened will it not automatically connect and charge his account for use?

Also on a Nokia 2690 there are no background internet tasks. The only way to use data is by using a browser, a java app or email so the likelihood of him beign able to use data by accident is very low. You could delete the network settings as a last resort as if it cant connect he cant be charged.

Advertisement