Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable free-standing shower screen?

• 16-07-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Is there such a thing? Landlord is too cheap to put shower doors or curtain rail around the shower tray so we have to put towels down every time we shower to soak up the splash.
    The nearest I've seen to what I'm after are only for wheelchair shower units and are only 90cm high.
    Does anyone know where I might get my hands on a full-height portable or free-standing shower screen (or curtain rail unit)??

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Why no make one yourself out of something like 20mm plastic electric conduit. Make a square top & bottom out of 4 bends (20BNDMT) and four straight lengths cut from conduit ( MT 20). Clip top to bottom by using a spring clip saddle (MT MEC2W) screwed to both ends of a suitable length piece of wood ( 4 off ). That would give you a cubicle that you could hang your shower curtin from. Price them at any electrical wholesale/retail shop.

Also available in black! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

Ah brilliant man! Cheers, thanks a mil for that! Cheap and easy to make - as opposed to spending hundreds!

Cheers mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your mad to contemplate making one. Write to your landlord tell him that using the shower without a screen is causing damage to the floor and will eventually cause damage to the ceiling downstairs.

You will not be held responsable for this.

See how it goes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

The grout round the tiles in the en suite has already crumbled away so a few of the tiles are "loose" to walk on. There are gaps down beside the shower tray where the grout has worn away. I can't see any wet patches on the ceiling downstairs yet. He's not gonna install shower doors so this is a quick-fix way of sorting it. Down the line, we hope to buy the house off him so we'll obviously be looking into proper shower doors ourselves - but just can't afford that at the moment.

Advertisement