Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underfloor locker

• 16-07-2011 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm new to motorhoming and just got nice little 04 dethleffs. There is no underfloor storage yet there is a huge amount of space underneath where this could be built. Anybody ever do anything like this or know of any dealer/repairers who might do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Have a look at this site - http://www.beenybox.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tmulhaire

Thanks for reply. Beenyboxes look very good and very professional. They seem to be a pull out drawer. Not sure if they are big enough to take table and chairs. Also travelling to Cornwall would make for expensive installation. I would prefer to have a full width locker and might explore possibility of building one made of marine plywood and fitting underneath just behind rear wheels. All suggestions and ideas very welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I used to store the safari room and poles on top of the spare wheel behind the rear axle which was a great space saver. I've also looked at the option to pivot a storage box between the chassis where there's the potential to fit a box approx 48" square by 14-15" deep. Could even utilize the stabiliser jacks as a wind down mechanism.
    I'd suggest some sort of aluminium sheet folded into a box as opposed to plywood, at least you wouldn't be worrying about it each time you drive over a speed bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've fitted external loclers from Thetford , to a couple of Elddis.

Advertisement