Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday treat suggestions?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:10pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My birthday is coming up soon and I've asked the OH to consider a gift of a dinner out in a really good restaurant.

I've been in One Pico before and loved it and would lean towards that, but am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions?

I don't want him to spend a fortune, and our max budget would be €150, he doesn't drink and I'd not be mad about drinking on the night, just want a lovely evening with great food and great service.

So suggestions/advice? I don't like the Chapter One menu as the OH can be fussy about food and he wouldn't like a lot of what they have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

In order:

1. Sabor Brazil
    2. Cliff Town House
    3. Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill

Sabor Brazil is amazing, in terms of food, service, ambience, etc. And you'd easily have a great time, even with drinks, under your budget too. The waiting staff will ask about your preferred style of service (e.g. are you in a rush or totally relaxed, make an evening of it), and the "perks" of complimentary olives, amuse bouche, post-starter granité, as well as other stuff they give you, is just really fantastic. The food is delicious, flawless really. The mandioca frita starter is recommended, as well as the feijoada for mains. Can't say more good things about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I second Cliff Town House. Can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My Favs:
    Pearl Brasserie
    Dax's

both real gems

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

My new favourite is La Maison, fab food, surroundings and staff! They do a decent early bird If you don't want to break the bank. Top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

La Maison is great, defo second that. I really like the Winding Stair for special nights out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Thomas1981

you can't beat Shanahan's on the green for a delicious steak.

Advertisement