Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone have a Stowa Antea ?

• 16-07-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a dress watch, white face. These seem to represent a lot of watch for the money. I like the design keys but it strikes me that if the finish is not well executed this would look like a very cheap piece.

If anyone has one and wouldn't mind giving me a look at it in person I'd be very grateful. Coffee/pint on me.

Alternatively if you are either not in Dublin or don't fancy meeting up, your impressions/experience would be welcome. Equally feel free to chime in with alternatives in this price range (well south of a grand).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flashwatches

Hi
    I don't have one but I have seen them, and the finish on Stowas is truly exceptional.

I have met Jorg a number of times and he is a true perfectionist you will not find any flaws on his watches. Just a note though, he is discontinuing the Antea in cream and black so I don't know how many he has in stock it might be worth sending him sn email first.

Good luck in your decision,
    Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

I have a Stowa Antea Kleinesecunde (sp?), got it about 1.5 years ago. I have both black and brown leather straps for it. I work in Dublin 2 so happy to meet for a coffee so you can take a look in person if you want. Let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 artomur

where could i buy a stowa from a relieable sourse ,are they only to be bought on line ? they look lovely would you recommend one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

These Stowa's look like a nice alternative to the IWC Portuguese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    These Stowa's look like a nice alternative to the IWC Portuguese.

I dont have a Marine, but as the proud owner of an Icarus, and handwinding flieger I can attest to their qualily, for the OP, with Stowa, one thing you don't need to concern yourself with is a cheap finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any chance some one can post an shot of their antea, i can see that its 35mm, is it as small as it seems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

There's quite a wrist shots on WUS and elsewhere. It's small but seems to wear larger. There's a 39mm as well, without the small seconds.

Well in the end I went for the 1938 Chronograph instead (pale face on black & brown croco with deployant, if you're asking).

I'm getting very close to a rational watch collection...well, rational for people like 'us' I suppose...just a 'pure dress' watch to go...I am trying to diversify brands so I will leave at that for the Stowas - just the chrono that is.

I do genuinely believe that once I have selected the dress watch I will be capable, at worst, of operating on a 'one in one out' basis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Well in the end I went for the 1938 Chronograph instead
    Good choice sir! Please post pictures when it eventually arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Reloc8 wrote: »
    Well in the end I went for the 1938 Chronograph instead (pale face on black & brown croco with deployant, if you're asking).

I'm getting very close to a rational watch collection...well, rational for people like 'us' I suppose...just a 'pure dress' watch to go...I am trying to diversify brands so I will leave at that for the Stowas - just the chrono that is.

I do genuinely believe that once I have selected the dress watch I will be capable, at worst, of operating on a 'one in one out' basis...

they are stunning, only thing stopping me getting one is the fact that i have an iwc portuguese and they are a little too similar

• Advertisement

Good choice sir! Please post pictures when it eventually arrives.

Thanks. I might just get around to doing that...:pac:
    Cyrus wrote: »
    they are stunning, only thing stopping me getting one is the fact that i have an iwc portuguese and they are a little too similar

Thats why I choose it - I was not quite ready to put the money for the IWC down - I have one more watch I want to get yet - then I'm done except for upgrades, on a one in, one out basis :pac:

Advertisement