Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with the Rally/Racing trucks at Lidl Drogheda?

Options
  • 16-07-2011 11:33pm

Just passing by Lidl on the Donore Road and seen a few rigid and articulated trucks parked up with brand names on them. Just wondering if anyone knows what's going down?

(Wondering if there's any racing of any type going on locally? I'd be interested in photos of such, if there was)

Quick snapshot;

img97661.jpg

There were a few others that you can't see in the photo, too.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

All details are here http://www.almcstagesrally.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Looking out my window here and can see all the trucks, went over for a look and the place is packed. Is a rally alright. Shame this was not advertised that I saw as I would have gladly went to the stages for a look :(

Edit: Had a look at the web site, very difficult to see any details of the stages on there, only info Ii was able to see was contained in a list of closed roads for today to facilitate the rally :(

Edit 2: Meant to say all the cars are out on the road there now if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

ALMC motor club are holding a rally in the area today and this car park is been used as the vehicle service area. Think its finishing up round 4.

Ah, I was too late to do anything. Poorly advertised, alright. Could've been pretty good to get a few shots of them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭positron

First time I heard of this event is here..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's run every year out of the City North Hotel, service is usually based in Duleek as the stages tend to be around Bellewstown/Garristown and over to kentstown but this was the first time service had been based in Drogheda as the stages were up towards Collon.

My OH does the rally every year, but this year he was one of the 00 cars as he was testing new suspension.

Rallying tends not to draw the headlines it deserves, even at the highest level. So I'm not really suprised a local event wasn't picked up by the local papers. Too busy promoting Fiver Fridays!

Advertisement