Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Refit- Please Help

• 17-07-2011 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HI all,
    Would really appreciate some options and advice from people with some know how….
    Getting my moms main bathroom refitted for her. It is currently very old and run down with a blue suite. Here is what I would like to get done and have three tradesmen coming to give me quotes over the next few days. Unfortunately I have stung before with shoddy work and would love a guide price as just a small guide to price. I know price isnt everything and have tried to research the people coming.

Here goes:
    Bathroom approx 6ft x 6ft

[*]Tiles removed from wall and floor.
    [*]Bath, basin and toilet removed.
    [*]New bath, basin and toilet fitted.
    [*]Tiles to walls and floor. Bath panel fitted and tiled
    [*]Boiler currently in large wooden cabinet which also holds towels etc. Would like this cabinet changed- either painted or ideally new unit built.
    [*]All waste removed.
    [*]Ceiling painted.
    All debris and rubbish removed

Basically I dont want to have to do anything! Up to my eyes with other areas of the house for her however not sure how much tilers/ plumbers will do. Can they buy the bathroom suite fo me or do I need to purchase and get delivered?

Sorry for long message. Many many thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Ask friends and family or neighbours for recommendations, I don`t think any plumber would choose a suite for you so you would have to supply it. Some bathroom showrooms have trades that they are happy to recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

DoneDL wrote: »
    Ask friends and family or neighbours for recommendations, I don`t think any plumber would choose a suite for you so you would have to supply it.

Wouldn't agree, if OP just wants a standard CC suite then the plumber would pick one he has fitted before and likes imo. Nothing to do with cheapest or dearest. Could save the OP problems, and the plumber a callback.

Op post your general location and people might be able to PM you with some plumber suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Leatherman

Had a similar job done recently, price will of course depend on choices but ours came in at €5,500. (on budget)
    You should be able to get one guy to manage the project, buy the bits and get the others in and out in 5 days or so all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

You should be able to get everything done for about €4500 depending on your taste, We just finished a similar bathroom roughly this size for this price.
    If you don't want anything fancy and are happy for a standard new bathroom and tiles you should be able to get someone to do the job from start to finish including everything you just listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

my advice is to get one company to do the whole job
    post 3 here might indicate overall cost but im sure its cheaper now
    joey the lips seems to be a man in the know too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62400157

• Advertisement
Advertisement