Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Ardagh

Options
  • 17-07-2011 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure from a web search that you can't get broadband through the eircom line in Ardagh Village. Can anyone confirm this for me and if this is the case can anyone suggest other options. Comments on speed, reliability and price for each welcome.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Chipboard wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure from a web search that you can't get broadband through the eircom line in Ardagh Village. Can anyone confirm this for me and if this is the case can anyone suggest other options. Comments on speed, reliability and price for each welcome.

Im no tec wizard but where i live the phone line would not support broadband. I used a 3 mobile broadband dongle for a few years and it was only ok. I have been using wimax for almost a year now and it really good for general domestic usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭spirit_77

I live in the village too and we can only use the mobile broadband as there isn't a good enough reception for broadband through the phoneline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Deregos

Don't know if this is up & running yet & not exactly sure how it works, but Ardagh is covered along with most of the county, if its of any benefit to you.

http://www.longfordcoco.ie/coco_content.aspx?id=22838

Rural Broadband Area map

Advertisement