Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I repair a front cover of an M4

• 17-07-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have an m4 front cover which refuses to sit in place. The front cover consists of 2 seperate pieces which should sit together and be held in place a claspe but it will fall out numerous times if I touch off it. It is made of cast metal so I cannot weld it and was wondering what could I use to glue it together. I have read that epoxy glue is the best thing to use on cast metal. But I would like to hear some opinions.
    Thanking you in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Tighten the D ring, it may be loose, it should hold it all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Bring it back to your quartermaster or gunshop and have them fix it....?
    Its not advisable to try repairing your own weapons, ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

a lot of people can fix their own airsoft guns, I do every now and again. anyways like FK said the D ring should be holding it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ZonarySonic

Ya you guys were right the D ring was not gripping into the groves of the cover. Issue sorted now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭chicken fingers

Lol I didnt see this was airsoft I thought we were talking about real guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

you know what, i actually thought that because of the way you talked about them. be hard to find someone in Ireland with a real M4 branding is like this anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

This is the airsoft section... you know that right? :P

Anyway, real or airsoft, there is nothing some black nasty cant fix on a handguard.

Advertisement