Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD DJ Society

Options
  • 17-07-2011 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I most probably will be going to UCD this september and one of my biggest hobbies is producing hardstyle. Is there any DJ societies or anything like that in UCD and are they active or..? Any information on anything like that would be helpful.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

There is a dj society but I very much doubt hardstyle is going to go down with them at all.

Most of the events they run seem to fall into the commercial electro stuff. Members I've talked to seem to go for house and tech house.

Are you from dub? There's **** all hardstyle scene here as far as I'm aware of. Although that just could be because I can't stand the stuff (no offence intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Dbstf

There is a dj society but I very much doubt hardstyle is going to go down with them at all.

Most of the events they run seem to fall into the commercial electro stuff. Members I've talked to seem to go for house and tech house.

Are you from dub? There's **** all hardstyle scene here as far as I'm aware of. Although that just could be because I can't stand the stuff (no offence intended).

Well I also have 1-2 Minimal House tracks so it's not a big problem although I was hoping to find other hardstyle lovers xD. To be honest I have tried producing house, tech house, trance and drum and bass as well as hardstyle and the hardest genre to produce in my opinion is hardstyle.

I can understand why some people can't stand it and those people I'm guessing have only heard intros and rawstyle. I'm more into the melodic part of hardstyle which most people don't even get the chance to hear ^^. The intros can be pretty annoying sometimes I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I've listened to a fair bit of it, few of my mates were into it for a good while I just dont like harder dance music. Sounds too repetitive to me. Never even liked tech trance which seems to be a phase everyone goes through. I prefer more melodic stuff, gui boratto, kalkbrenner etc.

Advertisement