Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know about Pigeons !!!

• 17-07-2011 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Ok, iv a Pigeon !!! hanging around the house, it comes in walks around the house, it does not look like the normal ones flying around, very friendly, its has a dark red neck white face and tail, it has a ring on its claw/foot, what do i do it wont go away, can anyone help, it its lost id like to see it go back to its rightfull owner.

the kid wants to keep it but thats not an option

said id post in this forum just incase its owned localy,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If I have learned anything from watching movies you should race it in the big event coming up (there always is one coming up) and it will win at the same time fixing some other personal issue finish with a slow clap from your pigeon racing rival.

All you need to do is find some old guy with a shady past to show you the ropes. :)

Anyway, is the a racing pigeon club of some kind in Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford? I'd imagine they would at least know someone that would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Well iv googled it and found a tel no, gave it a ring (sunday morning) but lady on end of fone quiet nice and said its the racing season and the bird has gone to rest, leave it and dont feed it " too late little one giving it loads" she recons it will go away eventuleeee, Dont think so its getting quiet fond of the house :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

St. Paul’s Pigeon Club
    Tel: 087 6409757

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Does the ring have a contact number on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Could it be a stray from City Centre ?

DSCN1432.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Will this thread go like the cat thread? Guy finds cat following home. Asks for suggestions on how to get rid of the cat. Now he has falling in love with the cat, he wants to keep it but the damn thing has ran away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Will this thread go like the cat thread? Guy finds cat following home. Asks for suggestions on how to get rid of the cat. Now he has falling in love with the cat, he wants to keep it but the damn thing has ran away.

Best thing is to throw the cat in among the pigeons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

We had a pigeon visit us last year - he was with us for weeks. Risked life and limb climbing ladder and shed roof with binoculars to get the ring number, and contacted the Irish Homing Union who contacted the owner in Cork. Meanwhile I fed the pigeon peanuts, bread, spuds (he'll probably never race again..) and gave it loads of water. Never heard from the owner but he just took off one day and hopefully headed home.

So I gather it just got exhausted or dehydrated and needed a rest before continuing on - he also seems to have told his buddies that there's a pigeon B&B in Waterford for anyone in need of a rest as it's happened twice this year though for shorter periods.

Make sure he has access to water and I'm sure he'll head off when he's ready :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I wanna pigeon now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Could it be a stray from City Centre ?

The city council should have those pigeons exterminated, they're just a nuisance.

• Advertisement

The city council should have those pigeons exterminated, they're just a nuisance.

I agree they are a nuisance, but just like rats, they are only there because they can get food (litter) there.

The City Council are quite relaxed when it comes to pest control , as you will notice any day you walk through the square .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Seen one of these go under the wheel of a car by A-wear last week. Traumatized!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

turkish-roast-pigeon-recipe.jpg

Mmmmm......pigeon!

Dangerdunf wrote: »
    Seen one of these go under the wheel of a car by A-wear last week. Traumatized!!:eek:

A fortnight ago some Pro-Pigeon protesters had a stall with very disturbing images of pigeons being mashed by cars.

While I accept their right to protest, I fret that the images of mashed pigeons are very disturbing to children, and to people who (for whatever reason) had killed pigeons in the past.

The Gardaí moved them on after about 15 minutes.

dayshah wrote: »
    A fortnight ago some Pro-Pigeon protesters had a stall with very disturbing images of pigeons being mashed by cars.
    While I accept their right to protest, I fret that the images of mashed pigeons are very disturbing to children, and to people who (for whatever reason) had killed pigeons in the past.
    The Gardaí moved them on after about 15 minutes.

Those disturbing images of pigeons were Googled and they were infected with worms / viruses .
    You should have called the PC Doctor , not the Gardai .

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

You think the pigeons are bad there......anyone of you who has ever been to Cardiff will know about the problem they have with seagulls 24 hours a day.

One bit of warning if you ever go there be careful eating a Kebab at night - especially one with mayonaise on it and those things flying overhead dropping their payloads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Did you ever see your man in the middle of red square pour the flahavans on the ground in the mornings? It's pretty scary, its like there all waiting for him to do it and as soon as he does they flock down, hundreds of them from the roof of meteor. And he just walks off....like somethin from a horror...yuck!

Advertisement