Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 465T Truck GPS Updated Map removed Old Map

Options
  • 17-07-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there.

One of my friends recently got a Garmin 465T GPS.
    He used it a few times and on his way to a company in Wicklow from Cork, it didnt have the new road down towards Wicklow, but once he got their it guided him to the company without a problem.

He came to me and asked me could I update the maps for him, so I did.

He took the same journey yesterday and rang me this morning telling me the new road is now on it but it's after deleting the old roads in Wicklow that guided him straight to the company!!

Any ideas on how to get the best of both worlds out of it or if he could plot his own route and save it for future reference?

Thanks for your help guys and girls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't know Wicklow town that well, but is it possible that with the 'new' (actually early 2010) relief road and port access road that restrictions have been placed on the old roads he took previously to prohibit trucks over a certain weight etc? The road won't have 'disappeared' as such from the maps but it would maybe just not automatically route him that way any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Once when I updated my maps I managed to untick the box that enabled the downloaded maps. This left me with a very basic basemap - major roads only.

Advertisement