Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Hands

Options
  • 17-07-2011 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭

My thread-start = thread-locked ratio on AH is depressingly predictable; but I don't care this time 'cos I'm off to work in a few minutes.

So I'll leave this with ye:

You know when you're out for a few beers and it's your turn to go to the bar? Well say you have to get something like 4 Carlsbergs, 3 vodka and whatevers, two Guinness, 7 bags of crisps, and a White Russian.

My question is: how much of that stuff could you bring back to the table in one go, without spillage, using JUST your hands? i.e. No trays - as trays are for gays - and no lounge staff. (You may, however, use your pockets for the tasty snacks.)

I'd manage 3 pints, 1 short and all the snacks with relative ease on the first run. Would have to go back for the rest.

So, how big are YOUR pub hands?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Turkana

Fcuk buying rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I've done 4 pints at once before, and the whole pub went quiet as everyone turned and watched.... It was car crash television, they knew it wasn't going to end well but they couldn't avert their eyes.

And I succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Bring drinks to the table? I'm there to drink, not to serve

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I sit at the bar. Tables are for girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭ShadowGal

Im picturing you in a pub, waddling down to your table with hands and arms and pockets stuffed with bottles and bags shouting LADS ! look what i can carry !

And then tripping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

discus wrote: »
    I've done 4 pints at once before, and the whole pub went quiet as everyone turned and watched.... It was car crash television, they knew it wasn't going to end well but they couldn't avert their eyes.

And I succeeded.

Four pints is your bread and butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

4 pints and 4 bags of crisps...why I'm replying to this i don't know...maybe I'm still drunk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Four pints I have done but you'd want to be trying that at the start of the night ather than the end of it.:pac:

A handy trick if your on large bottles with accompoany pint glasses of ice is to place the glass of ice over the top of the pint bottle. Usually leds to only minor spillage of ice/water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

If they were all for me, the lot , in with the fingers.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Blisterman wrote: »

They've handles, they're a different story. I can carry 2 pints in each hand with another wedged in the middle so that's five. Can also use my arms to carry 4 long necks wedged against my side, but only for show because you can't serve drink like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Blisterman wrote: »
    A quick aside. If you are ever in the Cherman Bier Hause never argue with the frau. Da photo will explain why.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm safe enough carrying four normal pints. As a rule, I'll usually move the expensive stuff first and leave the pints until last. But if it is a very big round, then I'll ask the bar staff for a tray to avoid multiple trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'm safe enough carrying four normal pints. As a rule, I'll usually move the expensive stuff first and leave the pints until last. But if it is a very big round, then I'll ask the bar staff for a tray to avoid multiple trips.

What about Budweiser, it falls into both categories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ReReginald

thank you for making my threads look in some small way as not being total bllox

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I feel safe carrying 2 pints to be honest, don't want to look like a fool spilling my drinks all over the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

A real man would just:

Remove his belt, put it through the front two loops on his jeans,

Tie the belt around the "bar" on the front of the bar,
    proceed to drink all of the op's forementioned beverages, and eat all of the tasty snacks.
    Remain at the bar, safe in the knowledge that ones belt will hold you in somewhat of an upright position, and should you need a snooze, all you would need to do is lean back a little and close your eyes.

Im sorry, my brain has turned to mush, that ^ probably doesnt make sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I can carry 11 pints in each hand and about 46 packets of crisps or peanuts (I store them in my cheeks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

I'd manage 3 pints, 1 short and all the snacks with relative ease on the first run. Would have to go back for the rest.

Oooh, check out Billy Some Mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I have managed 5 large bottles of cider in my hands (with upturned glasses on them), ice is for gheys by the way.

A miller in each jean pocket.

Tayto in mouth (for the missus).

If you spread your hands accross two large bottles each and push them into the 5th one, if you hold the pressure the 5th on will stay put.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I find the best option is to just let a roar from the bar 'give me a hand' and people will come and get them themselves thereby minimising my chances of looking like an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the four pints and three vodkas in one run, with half the snacks in pockets, then back for the rest. its a two run job.
    the guinness should be just about ready when you get back from first run too.

EDIT actually, with a bit of planning, and the right glasses, this can be done in one. depends on how high the vodkas and white russian are filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My thread-start = thread-locked ratio on AH is depressingly predictable

Take the hint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My thread-start = thread-locked ratio on AH is depressingly predictable; but I don't care this time 'cos I'm off to work in a few minutes.

So I'll leave this with ye:

You know when you're out for a few beers and it's your turn to go to the bar? Well say you have to get something like 4 Carlsbergs, 3 vodka and whatevers, two Guinness, 7 bags of crisps, and a White Russian.

My question is: how much of that stuff could you bring back to the table in one go, without spillage, using JUST your hands? i.e. No trays - as trays are for gays - and no lounge staff. (You may, however, use your pockets for the tasty snacks.)

Just get the bloke drinking the White Russian to carry the whole lot down on the tray.

Problem solved.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

I have a russian sidekick to do all the heavy lifting. He has big hands so he can carry around 6 pints anyways. All he needs is a good chicken dinner every night.

That being said i might trade him in for this wan http://partyfail.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/funny_1188-old-drunk-lady-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

In Soviet Russia drinks carry you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Carrying more than 3 non-handle pints at a time is just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Can manage 4, but if someone gets in the way and spills it on me, i get upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

3 in each hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Drink the short and two pints at the bar, head back with one pint. I'm sure once you've explained this, they will understand your plight.

Advertisement