Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Biker Friendly Cafe in Trim

• 17-07-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭

If this breaks the rules or is in the wrong place, moderators please delete.

Wandering down market street in Trim last week I met Nevile Watson.
    Many bikers will remember Nevile had a Cafe in trim that served one of the best brekkies this side of the Shannon. Nevile moved location a couple of times in Trim and eventually ended up in Summerhill.

Well he is now back in Trim. Back in the place he started out in Market Street.
    The Cafe is called Cafe Time and I had the pleasure of sampling some of the grub on Friday last. Yum - nuff said.

He is always glad to see bikers as he knows we appreciate a good brekkie on a Sunday morning.
    I just noticed as well that he has set up a facebook page. Say hi if your a former customer. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

HTB wrote: »
    If this breaks the rules or is in the wrong place, moderators please delete.

Wandering down market street in Trim last week I met Nevile Watson.
    Many bikers will remember Nevile had a Cafe in trim that served one of the best brekkies this side of the Shannon. Nevile moved location a couple of times in Trim and eventually ended up in Summerhill.

Well he is now back in Trim. Back in the place he started out in Market Street.
    The Cafe is called Cafe Time and I had the pleasure of sampling some of the grub on Friday last. Yum - nuff said.

He is always glad to see bikers as he knows we appreciate a good brekkie on a Sunday morning.
    I just noticed as well that he has set up a facebook page. Say hi if your a former customer. :D
    Well whatever about the brekkie, the Dublin to Trim road is one of the best biking roads in the country, plenty of twisties and some straights to get the revs up.Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

What road is that? I might try it next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

HellsAngel wrote: »
    Well whatever about the brekkie, the Dublin to Trim road is one of the best biking roads in the country, plenty of twisties and some straights to get the revs up.Excellent.

Unfortunately, these days it has plenty of 'GoSafe' vans. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭HTB

HellsAngel wrote: »

Hellsangel,

When you get to Trim and stuff yourself full of lovely brekkie. Take the road to Athboy, its an ok road from our point of view.

Turn left at the T junction go all the way through the town and head for Delvin. Now theres a road boyo ! :D:D:D.

If you havent had enough after that turn left in Delvin and head for Mullingar. THis road has some great sections on it, some big straights as well.

M.

By the way, very seldom a "van on this road"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

P.C. wrote: »

Yep, I think it got TOO popular for bikes! God forbid!! FFS! :rolleyes: Still a fantastic bit of track road though! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

P.C. wrote: »
    Oh deary me, the fuzz as usual out to stop a young lad from a little fun !!!!
    HTB wrote: »
    Hellsangel,

When you get to Trim and stuff yourself full of lovely brekkie. Take the road to Athboy, its an ok road from our point of view.

Turn left at the T junction go all the way through the town and head for Delvin. Now theres a road boyo ! :D:D:D.

If you havent had enough after that turn left in Delvin and head for Mullingar. THis road has some great sections on it, some big straights as well.

M.

By the way, very seldom a "van on this road"
    I probably have done that road, been all around Meath. From what I remember, Trim to Summerhill isn't great, but Summerhill onto Kilcock is quite good. As for Mullingar etc, when I'm heading down from Dublin to say, Sligo, I always take the old road thru Maynooth etc as far as Kinnegad instead of the motorway. Pretty good biking roads, always a nice cafe or two along the way for a brekkie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I'm sure many here will remember when it wasnt uncommon to see a "NO BIKERS" sign on the door.......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Sids Not wrote: »
    I'm sure many here will remember when it wasnt uncommon to see a "NO BIKERS" sign on the door.......:(

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Sids Not wrote: »

Maybe you'd tell us of your actual direct experince of the places that displayed such signs?

Been riding bikes for 30 years and have never seen anything like that in Ireland.

Will certainly remember the palce in Trim when I want to devour a Rasher Sandwich and a Mug of Tea.

Really?
    Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Maybe you'd tell us of your actual direct experince of the places that displayed such signs?

Been riding bikes for 30 years and have never seen anything like that in Ireland.

Will certainly remember the palce in Trim when I want to devour a Rasher Sandwich and a Mug of Tea.

The Step inn.....sign on the door...

The pub in Kilmacanogue behind the Topaz garage...no sign, but regularly refused entry...

Thats just two i can think of...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Is that the step inn in d18? The same one that gave away a scooter in July? Bit of a condradiction so.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

What's the road to Trim mentioned above? Like the road number.

Is that the step inn in d18? The same one that gave away a scooter in July? Bit of a condradiction so.....

I'm talkin the early 80's here.....I know things are different these days....back then there were no Doocattys.....just real bikers on real bikes...........:p

Advertisement