Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Linux Based Media Player NAS Storage want to add a printserver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

You want to install CUPS on it?

Does the manufacturer provide a software repository? The page mentions extension plugins for BT and NAS - you might find CUPS package there too.

Did you Google the model number to see if there are any third-party packages or an online community porting software to this device?

You could set up a cross-compiling toolchain for MIPS and compile CUPS for the device yourself from source, though it's not exactly straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

CUPS Ive seen that through google.

There isnt exactly a model number.. it came from china (works really well though)

I wouldnt be too experienced with linux but I must get a look.

BT & FTP has already been installed there isnt any other packages there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

It may be an OEM version of a Blue Times BT-3548HL-R. I'm not seeing any community support sites or Linux forums discussing it. You could ask the seller and Blue Times about CUPS support. If that's a dead end, the folks over in the Unix forum can help you with the cross-compiling setup.

Advertisement