Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a jersey

• 17-07-2011 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

Veles wrote: »
    Where can you buy a redwings jersey in Ireland?anyone know any stores?or am i better off buying online?

Online. No store in Ireland sells them. How much you welling pay. They can start from 100 dollars and up. Are going for the real deal or a fake.

Also the red wings jersey is a nice one too have. I got it after the 2008 final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

You have a choice of this one or the other one
    http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2626961&cp=3176434&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627021&cp=3176434&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

The last one your look at around 300 euro by the time its gets too the house. You'll have too customs too. I always buy from the nhl site. Unless your going too new york anytime soon theres a nhl store in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

cena wrote: »
    You have a choice of this one or the other one
    http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2626961&cp=3176434&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627021&cp=3176434&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

The last one your look at around 300 euro by the time its gets too the house. You'll have too customs too. I always buy from the nhl site. Unless your going too new york anytime soon theres a nhl store in the city
    Yukijersey.com

Fake jerseys but for 35 euro delivered you can't go wrong, have bought oilers, flyers and avalanche, 2/3 were class, couldn't tell the difference, avalanche one was a bit off but sold it on eBay. Can't go wrong

Yukijersey.com

Fake jerseys but for 35 euro delivered you can't go wrong, have bought oilers, flyers and avalanche, 2/3 were class, couldn't tell the difference, avalanche one was a bit off but sold it on eBay. Can't go wrong

But has said he wants the real thing not fakes. Why pay for a fake only for custom too keep it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

Gonna go with the real thing,ill get my uncle in philly to get one for me and send it over,cheers lads:)

Very good. Hope you enjoy it. I know I do along with my other 14 jerseys

But has said he wants the real thing not fakes. Why pay for a fake only for custom too keep it.
    Why would customs keep it?

Well if you go the the American football forum there's guys there that are buying fakes and customs are telling them they won't be getting them.

Well if you go the the American football forum there's guys there that are buying fakes and customs are telling them they won't be getting them.
    Id love to know how customs can legally hold onto a good unless they refuse/forge the reciept. Ive imported many many items into Ireland and Ive never had an issue. When customs have stopped anything, I pay them the customs fee and it gets released. Simple!

• Advertisement

Id love to know how customs can legally hold onto a good unless they refuse/forge the reciept. Ive imported many many items into Ireland and Ive never had an issue. When customs have stopped anything, I pay them the customs fee and it gets released. Simple!

I understand. But a fake is a fake. Its not made the original company that make them and customs have the rights too keep it. But I could be wrong. Its like buying fake copys of dvd with new flims on them been imported into the country they can take it away and just burn it.

I'v only buy the real deal and pay all the customs they need becaue its what I want.

I understand. But a fake is a fake. Its not made the original company that make them and customs have the rights too keep it. But I could be wrong. Its like buying fake copys of dvd with new flims on them been imported into the country they can take it away and just burn it.

I'v only buy the real deal and pay all the customs they need becaue its what I want.
    Not if you cant buy the official product in this country! NHL Jerseys you cant.
    Importing fake DVDs has a knock on effect to the Irish Film Industry. Even so Jerseys such as Yuki have Reebok Tags or Starter tags on them. Id find it very unlikely that an Irish customs officer is able to distinguish between a real/fake NHL/NFL jersey. The quality is that high!

Not if you cant buy the official product in this country! NHL Jerseys you cant.
    Importing fake DVDs has a knock on effect to the Irish Film Industry. Even so Jerseys such as Yuki have Reebok Tags or Starter tags on them. Id find it very unlikely that an Irish customs officer is able to distinguish between a real/fake NHL/NFL jersey. The quality is that high!

Yuki ain't sending jersey too ireland at the moment cause custom have got strict on the getting in the country. The lads on the football forum have got emails saying this.

They do look good but I would need one my hand too see for real.

Yuki ain't sending jersey too ireland at the moment cause custom have got strict on the getting in the country. The lads on the football forum have got emails saying this.

They do look good but I would need one my hand too see for real.
    I got one 3 weeks ago so Im not sure where you got that from. Ive bought 5 off Yuki and only got stopped in customs once, I paid duty and it got released. Not meaning to go against everything you say but it seems alot of your info is third hand knowledge!

I got one 3 weeks ago so Im not sure where you got that from. Ive bought 5 off Yuki and only got stopped in customs once, I paid duty and it got released. Not meaning to go against everything you say but it seems alot of your info is third hand knowledge!

It maybe. But have you read the thread on the football forum.

It maybe. But have you read the thread on the football forum.
    WHat football forum?
    Why would I want to read it? I buy stuff from 2 Chinese/Hong Kong sites all the time, on a weekly basis at this stage and Ive never had any major issues. Doesnt matter, Im wrong and you're right. Of course! Not arsed arguing with someone who hasnt a clue.

WHat football forum?
    Why would I want to read it? I buy stuff from 2 Chinese/Hong Kong sites all the time, on a weekly basis at this stage and Ive never had any major issues. Doesnt matter, Im wrong and you're right. Of course! Not arsed arguing with someone who hasnt a clue.

The American football forum. I do have a clue by the way. I never said you were wrong. I'm just saying what I'm reading. You can by all the fakes you want it wont annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭brianomc

Depends on the football forum.
    Could be http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055768188&page=31 in the American football section or http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921170&page=84 in the soccer. Both crowds are having trouble with getting fakes into the country, it's in the american football one where it's mentioned that Yuki aren't shipping to Ireland anymore.

I presume Yuki/Soccertriads aren't stupid enough to put their own logo on the packaging, and with the fact that they are already shipping fakes, would they not just put an NHL/NFL/insert other league here logo on the box and the chance of it getting through might increase. Like you said forzacalcio, I would find it hard to believe customs would know a fake from a legit so this might get it through, with maybe just an import charge added on.

I was hoping to order from them myself but will hold off a few weeks and see what's happening.

Anything under 32 euro goes under customs radar, very simple to ask yuki to put a false price on the invoice if you want to get under that. Ive dealt with them alot so maybe thats why he does it. Anyway Ill be ordering an NFL top in a few weeks so Ill report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Hi i have posted over on the american football forum about this,i have also tried to buy hockey jerseys from yuki & i got the same response.For the time been they are not not shipping to Ireland.I know of other people getting in touch with soccertriads when their package got siezed by customs.They reshipped their order to them via Germany so it does'nt get stopped by Irish customs.It makes me wonder why they do not do this in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Where can you buy a redwings jersey in Ireland?anyone know any stores?or am i better off buying online?

No stores the best online place is ESPN America's Shop http://www.espnamericashop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

Buy a Hartford Whalers jersey.

The team may no longer exist, but its the best jersey of all time.

Advertisement