Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 7 - Main Thread / General Banter

Options
  • 17-07-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

This thread will be the main thread for banter etc.

All of the gloating, whinging and moaning can be posted here to avoid all the clutter and nonsense posted in the other threads.

Fixtures, Results and League Tables are to be posted in each relevant league thread.

Full Rules will be posted below. These rules are to be adhered to and will be enforced if disobeyed.

Enjoy the league!

colly54

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

INTRODUCTION:

The league is run by thewools and colly54 and we will do our best to co-ordinate and organise the fixtures and results. Any queries / problems should be sent by pm to me.

OUTLINE:

For the new season the league is divided into 3 separate divisions and is organised and run by

Premiership

Championship

League 1

TEAM SELECTION:

The league contains 3 divisions each with unique teams. Before the season begins promotions and relegations will take place. For the team selection process you are required to pick a European club team.

LEAGUE FORMAT:

Each team will play each other team twice. Each game consists of 2 x 6 minute halves. The fixtures will be posted at the start of the season and the fixtures will be divided into a number of gameweeks. Currently, there are usually 3 fixtures per week (depending on amount of players in league). Players must ensure that they complete their fixture list by the end of the gameweek. You may contact opponents via Boards or on PSN.

At the end of each game, make a note of the result and post them in the Results thread. These results will be added to the main result post and league tables will be updated on a regular basis. You may not play games in advance of the gameweek they belong unless given permission by the co-ordinator(s), if you do so they will be void.

END OF SEASON:

At the end of every season, there will be promotion's and relegation's. Games unplayed at the end of the season will be void however both players are expected to make an effort to play their fixtures. If a player is found to be avoiding playing their fixtures or not responding to messages and invites during the season action will be taken against them by the co-ordinator(s).

RULES:

In order to maintain the league, a number of rules have been laid out. Any violations of this code of conduct can be sent to the league co-ordinators and each issue will be investigated.

1) Disconnections
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any intentional disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators.

However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects, a rematch (unranked - non league game) is immediately scheduled and the score before the disconnection is used. The remaining minutes are to be played and the score at the end of the combined 90 minutes is the final score to be posted on the results thread.

1.1) Problems Connecting To Opponent
    If you can’t connect to another player the first thing to do is check your NAT settings. NAT type 1 or 2 is desired to allow players to connect easily. If anyone is having difficulties with their network connection; please post here and we will attempt to the best of our capabilities to help resolve the issue.

2) Last Man Tackling
    Fifa 11 is a soccer simulation and while slide tackling is encouraged when needed, intentional attempts to take out the last man (an attacking player that only has the keeper to beat) will not be tolerated. A defender is allowed to slide in from the side as there is a good chance that he will win the ball. However, when someone slides in from directly behind (from the 5-7 O'clock positions) and the striker is between the defender and the ball, this will not be tolerated. Players like this can usually be indentified by a low foul:card ratio.

3) Settings & Custom Formations
    Custom formations are a part of football, while some people don't like playing against custom formations, there is no rule forbidding using them.

4) Holidays
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.

5) Unplayed fixtures
    Due to the amount of unplayed fixtures in previous seasons there is a rule to make sure people make an effort to play their games. Each week we will be monitoring people's progress, below is a list of how many games have to be played after a certain number of fixtures are released. Failure to meet these requirements will result in a point deduction for each outstanding game.

End of Week 2 a minimum of 3 games must be played

End of Week 4 a minimum of 7 games must be played

End of Week 4 anyone with less than half their games played will be kicked from the league.

End of Week 6 a minimum of 12 games must be played

End of Week 8 a minimum of 16 games must be played

End of Week 8 anyone with less than 16 played will be kicked from the league.

Every player is responsible for their own fixtures and getting them played. Best practice is to contact them with an PSN message and/or a PM on boards.ie

If you find a player is not responding to your messages about organising fixtures then contact the co-ordinator(s).

6) People Quitting Mid Season
    Due to various reasons we have players who sometimes are unable to complete the league season. In the case of these players all fixtures they have will be awarded a walkover to their opponent. Any games played previously will also be given as a walkover to their opponent. If a player quits they are automatically placed at the bottom of the table and will take one of the relegation places at the end of the season. This allows us to keep a group of players in each league who are dedicated to playing their games and making the season enjoyable for everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Good luck lads! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawlor.08

I would like to play was in one awhile back but my game broke if someone sends me a league invite i will accept could play my games late during midweek or anytime on weekends
    psn lawlor08

lawlor.08 wrote: »
    I would like to play was in one awhile back but my game broke if someone sends me a league invite i will accept could play my games late during midweek or anytime on weekends
    psn lawlor08

Sorry too Late, All places taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Cant wait to get started. Gonna tear sh1t up with Italy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

And now the difficult decision rears its head, to stay on manual or not....?

Fixtures are up, Let the season begin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

polarbearhead polarbearhead Uruguay
    bigred100 BPK27 Italy
    hatchets27 joe2772 Portugal

Any of yous 3 about today/tonight? Be around from about 4.30 for the rest of the day.

Threein99 Threein99 Spain
    Kensutz Kensutz Argentina
    alanc2003 conco27 Brazil

Any of you 3 around today?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

polarbearhead polarbearhead Uruguay
    bigred100 BPK27 Italy

Any of yous 3 about today/tonight? Be around from about 4.30 for the rest of the day.

Should be on later, after this hangover settles down.

• Advertisement

bigred100 wrote: »
    Should be on later, after this hangover settles down.

Sound, if I'm not online on PSN just leave a message here.

Germany and Holland around tonight in the Championship?

Davey Devil swayzeexpress Holland
    Philt27 Philt27 Uruguay

Around tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I fecked up in the Championship already. I was on here earlier but I didn't spot these threads and thought we could just play whoever was around so I invited France to a game and we played out a 1-1 draw.

It was my fault. I invited him to the game. Sorry lads. It finished Croatia 1-1 France. I think it's void though.

2 matches in a row I've lead and ended up losing 2-1.:o Happy enough with my performances on my return to the Premier mind you and felt I deserved the draws.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I fecked up in the Championship already. I was on here earlier but I didn't spot these threads and thought we could just play whoever was around so I invited France to a game and we played out a 1-1 draw.

It was my fault. I invited him to the game. Sorry lads. It finished Croatia 1-1 France. I think it's void though.

Ill record the result just try to follow the fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Philt27 Philt27 Uruguay

Around tonight?
    Sorry not tonite but tomorrow after 9pm!?

colly54 wrote: »
    Ill record the result just try to follow the fixtures

You have to post the result in the thread if you want me to record it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll be around from after 8pm tomorrow tomorrow night if Brazil/Uruguay/England is around.

Did that there. Thanks.

Philt27 wrote: »
    Sorry not tonite but tomorrow after 9pm!?

Yeah that should be fine. Just post on here or drop me a pm here when you're on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Philt27 Philt27 Uruguay

Around tonight?

I'll be around tomorrow.

I'll be around tomorrow.

Does tomorrow night suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

ill be on tonight after 9 for most of the nite

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Philt27

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'll be around from after 8pm tomorrow tomorrow night if Brazil/Uruguay/England is around.

Did that there. Thanks.
    I'll be on after9pm mate..Also if Ian is around after9pm I'll play u then..and ynwa17..

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

I'll be on tonight from about 8-11 (England in Championship here)

You about today/tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

England in the prem can be on at 8 if anyone's down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭hatchets27

Yeah will be on after 9 for your first win

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Aha Shake wrote: »
    England in the prem can be on at 8 if anyone's down?

That's Spain and Argentina btw (KENSUTZ AND THREEIN99)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Aha Shake wrote: »
    That's Spain and Argentina btw (KENSUTZ AND THREEIN99)
    I should be on around half ten or eleven o clock

Advertisement