Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair permanent ban from after hours

Options
  • 17-07-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I received a permenat ban with no reason for this post which I believe is unfair

"It is true that foreign nationals have been given money
    to buy cars ?
    I know of 2 cases where they were paid out
    by the HSE.The reason being?????? the difficulties they
    have experienced with public transport??? "

The mod said I had to provide proof of this and I would be unbanned, so I did

"
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...nt.html#l1f4da

I had two neighbour who were forigners that told me they got this grant to pay for their cars , which made the car free for them.

I was not trolling, I just wanted to know did anyone else see the same happen, that was all.

I'm sorry if I offended you? I did not mean too "

Then Biko said the ban still stood, even after I had provided proof and I had to post here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'll take this on.

Please post the PM with the ban message, I'd like to read that.

Also, for the sake of clarity, can I ask you to re-check your source?

The link you give is information from the Citizens Information website, about a Motorised Transport Grant specifically for people with disabilities who need a car to retain employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Hi investment,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

Permanent

for the following reason:

I'm waiting for sources

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after Permanent. You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Yeah I checked the link its the right one
    trout wrote: »
    I'll take this on.

Please post the PM with the ban message, I'd like to read that.

Also, for the sake of clarity, can I ask you to re-check your source?

The link you give is information from the Citizens Information website, about a Motorised Transport Grant specifically for people with disabilities who need a car to retain employment.

The reason for the ban should have been made clearer in the PM ... having checked with the mod in question, the ban was for trolling.

I've looked over your recent posts in AH ... I can see why the mods think you are trolling.

I can also see why the permanent ban has been applied - on the basis that you've racked up 4 bans in 3 months from AH alone.
    I've looked over those bans as well, and they all seem consistent to me.

So ... you've been banned for a reason; trolling.
    You claim the ban is not fair; I disagree ... it's harsh, but consistent.

You've been asked to prove that the 2 foreign nationals you claim to know of, have been given money to buy cars ... and the proof you offer is a CI information page detailing a Motorised Transport Grant for disabled people.

The CI link doesn't prove your statement is true. I've read it twice, and I don't even see how it supports your statement.

Have you anything else?

The reason for the ban should have been made clearer in the PM .... having checked with the mod in question, the ban was for trolling.

I've looked over your recent posts in AH ... I can see why the mods think you are trolling.

I can also see why the permanent ban has been applied - on the basis that you've racked up 4 bans in 3 months from AH alone.
    I've looked over those bans as well, and they all seem consistent to me.

There is more to them bans that what meets the eye. So you are picking out 4 posts out of over 300 post. I dont go around trolling. If anyone says anything out of the ordinary in AH everyone starts shouting troll.

[/QUOTE] So ... you've been banned for a reason; trolling.
    You claim the ban is not fair; I disagree ... it's harsh, but consistent.[/QUOTE]

You cant judge a book by its cover, So just because I was banned for "trolling" before (which I never contested even when I didnt know i was trolling), everytime I ask or post a question that is outside the social norm it will be seen as trolling. Some people think differently, and ask different question, we are all different.

[/QUOTE]You've been asked to prove that the 2 foreign nationals you claim to know of, have been given money to buy cars ... and the proof you offer is a CI information page detailing a Motorised Transport Grant for disabled people.

The CI link doesn't prove your statement is true. I've read it twice, and I don't even see how it supports your statement.

Have you anything else?[/QUOTE]

what is wrong with the link, it states anyone with a disabilty can get a grant towards a car, which if you buy a cheap one makes it free, one of them had a disabilty but they're not citizen so why would they get it?

I stated the facts as I was told. I asked in my question has anyone else seen this happen? the reason being I found it strange as I thought the grant was only for irish people with a disabilty. These people are not citzens, and the link is citizens information (Irish citizens).

I wasnt saying that all forigners get free cars, I said do all forigners get free cars, as I knew of two who got them from the hse and they were forigners?.

A person is no longer a forigner when they become a citizen of which ever country they choose, so untill then they do not have the same citizen rights as a citizen of that country

investment wrote: »

You cant judge a book by its cover, So just because I was banned for "trolling" before (which I never contested even when I didnt know i was trolling), everytime I ask or post a question that is outside the social norm it will be seen as trolling. Some people think differently, and ask different question, we are all different.

OK ... we are all different, and have different views ... that's nice ... but in AH you still have to play by the same rules as everone else.
    I submit that you are not seen to be playing by those same rules, and that's why you are at odds with the AH mods.

You stated in your first post that you were banned for no reason - I wanted to clear that up, the reason for this ban is trolling. I looked at the other bans for consistency, to see were you being treated unfairly ... I don't believe you are being treated unfairly. Clearly, you disagree.

what is wrong with the link, it states anyone with a disabilty can get a grant towards a car, which if you buy a cheap one makes it free, one of them had a disabilty but they're not citizen so why would they get it?

Well ... the link you posted does not prove your claim, namely that 2 foreign nationals you know of were both given money to buy cars.

The link simply proves that a Motorised Transport Grant exists ... not that these people you are aware of applied for, and qualified for this grant.
    In your own words, you are claiming "as I knew of two who got them from the hse and they were forigners".

You've been asked by the mod to prove your statement. Without proof, it simply sounds like racist trolling.
    With respect, your proof, so far, falls short.

The AH mod is willing to review the ban, if you can prove your claim. That seems fair to me.
    Ball is in your court.

• Advertisement

OK ... we are all different, and have different views ... that's nice ... but in AH you still have to play by the same rules as everone else.
    I submit that you are not seen to be playing by those same rules, and that's why you are at odds with the AH mods.

You stated in your first post that you were banned for no reason - I wanted to clear that up, the reason for this ban is trolling. I looked at the other bans for consistency, to see were you being treated unfairly ... I don't believe you are being treated unfairly. Clearly, you disagree.

Well ... the link you posted does not prove your claim, namely that 2 foreign nationals you know of were both given money to buy cars.

The link simply proves that a Motorised Transport Grant exists ... not that these people you are aware of applied for, and qualified for this grant.
    In your own words, you are claiming "as I knew of two who got them from the hse and they were forigners".

You've been asked by the mod to prove your statement. Without proof, it simply sounds like racist trolling.
    With respect, your proof, so far, falls short.

The AH mod is willing to review the ban, if you can prove your claim. That seems fair to me.
    Ball is in your court.

The only way I could prove that I did speak to the forigners in question would be to have them come on here and back up there orginal statement..You know as well as I do that could not happen

So how do I prove to you that I'm telling the truth ?

So how do I prove to you that I'm telling the truth ?

We're going around in circles here. With respect, that is the very question the AH mod put to you.

The AH mod is willing is to review the ban ... if you can back up your claim. Otherwise, it just looks like trolling.

We're going around in circles here. With respect, that is the very question the AH mod put to you.

The AH mod is willing is to review the ban ... if you can back up your claim. Otherwise, it just looks like trolling.

1.I already backed it up with the link that was mentioned in my orginal statement, which the AH mod found to be irrelvant:confused:

2.As i mentioned above The only way I could prove that I did speak to the forigners in question would be to have them come on here and back up there orginal statement..You know as well as I do that could not happen

The mod has no proof that I'm lieing, and s(he) are banning me on there own standing which is not fair

Right ... I'm tired of the circular discussion, so I want to bring this to a head.

I'm not 100 % convinced you are trolling, but I'm also not convinced you are whiter than white either. That said, for what you posted and how you went about it, I think a perma-ban is a little harsh.

I've spoken to the AH mods on your behalf ... and this is the compromise I'm proposing.

Keep your nose clean for 2 months ... no bans, no infractions, and I'll lift the AH ban.

How's that sound?

Right ... I'm tired of the circular discussion, so I want to bring this to a head.

I'm not 100 % convinced you are trolling, but I'm also not convinced you are whiter than white either. That said, for what you posted and how you went about it, I think a perma-ban is a little harsh.

I've spoken to the AH mods on your behalf ... and this is the compromise I'm proposing.

Keep your nose clean for 2 months ... no bans, no infractions, and I'll lift the AH ban.

How's that sound?

Ok I will accept that even though I wasnt trolling and there has been a miscommunication

I will accept 1 month from the time of the orginal ban?

• Advertisement

2 months. September 14th.

2 months. September 14th.

Ok I accept.. Thanks trout for helping out, your're a fair man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Looks like you guys have come to an amicable resolution here. I'll close the thread...if there's any issues with that, PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement