Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a mature student do I have to do the Irish ?

• 17-07-2011 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am a mature student living in the UK. I plan to go back to Ireland to re-sit my Leaving Cert next June. If I do this will I also have to do Irish ? Its been a very long time since I have done it and with me living and will be attending uni in the UK it would be very pointless for me to do this exam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If you're attending uni in the UK, Irish wouldn't be an entry requirement, so no you wouldn't need to do it (as far as I know anyway!), but you might need to do a foreign language, depending on the course you're seeking entry to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

AFAIK, mature students don't have to, but I wouldn't be 100% sure on it.

Also - fair play for going back and doing your Leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dorio

it would be a good way to grab some extra points. take foundation perhaps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I am a mature student living in the UK. I plan to go back to Ireland to re-sit my Leaving Cert next June. If I do this will I also have to do Irish ? Its been a very long time since I have done it and with me living and will be attending uni in the UK it would be very pointless for me to do this exam.

No, You can choose your subjects, A minimum of 5. I done the leaving when I was 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭phat1

I done my leaving cert this year in cork at the fine old age of 33.You dont have to take Irish as a subject but you have to do five subjects and english is one of them ,i might be wrong but i also think you might have to do some sort of project maths,but i'm not sure.

All the best with it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement