Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burned Down Clothes Store Wexford

Options
  • 17-07-2011 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello!

I'm searching for the name of a fantastic clothes store that used to be in Wexford town. I moved from Wexford about 2 years ago, but when I was living there, there was a wonderful discount store on South Main Street, just opposite BPM. It was like a wholesale store, with concrete floor and two big drapes at the back for changing behind. I picked up some fantastic one-off designer pieces from Uttam London and Elise Ryan. They had men's and women's clothes and most were €10. I heard the store was burned out and was replaced by a women's clothes shop selling typical clubwear.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with the name of that great shop, as i've been scouring the web and have had no luck so far! Any info on whether they moved or anything similar knocking around these days would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

'Gossip' keeps popping into my head. That area is Selskar Street, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

I think the shop your talking about never actually had a name just discount signs in the window. It was run by the same guy that used to run that clothes shop octopus.
    Not sure if this helps ha. But I'm pretty sure it never had a name.
    Also I think the reason octopus closed was because there was a fire above it and a lot of the stuff was smoke damaged and whatever was salvaged was sold in the discount shop after.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

'Gossip' keeps popping into my head

This is near the bullring I believe, where this clothes shop is now there chemist shop opened (corner of skeffington street) - at least there was last time I was down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Ah right. Cheers. But then I'm bloke, what do I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

kevovek wrote: »
    I think the shop your talking about never actually had a name just discount signs in the window. It was run by the same guy that used to run that clothes shop octopus.
    Not sure if this helps ha. But I'm pretty sure it never had a name.
    Also I think the reason octopus closed was because there was a fire above it and a lot of the stuff was smoke damaged and whatever was salvaged was sold in the discount shop after.

This is what I remember except the shop that was burnt down was called Message and it was run by the partner of the person who owns octopus. Discount shop had no name. Bring back Message, it was the best shop in wexford town by a long shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 kitsuune

Yeah it was definitely called Message. My cousin used to work there.

Advertisement