Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shed roof advice

• 17-07-2011 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice on the size of beams for a shed roof,
    What thickness should the wall plates and ridge beam be for a structure 6metres long by 3 metres wide the pitch is about 20.5 degrees at .5m approx above the wall plate.

I may tile, need to price but I may use a plastic sheeting like skyclad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

any ideas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I know the carpenter and builder that did the roof on my shed used 7 inch wide x 2 inch thick joists for the roof,they were at 400mm intervals as far as I know,and then they were all braced to each other.

Then 2 x 1 battons ontop with Daltex Ultra FX roofing membrane and then non drip tile effect cladding.

Hope this helps.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

any photos of the job:Dponddigger:D

I'll get some pictures up, will be trying to get some work done tomorrow after the last two days rain and wind, need to order some materials (wood) and price roofing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement