Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Sky Movies for 2 Months (give 31 days notice NOW!)

• 17-07-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Just follow the link if you are a sky customer to get free sky movies for 2 months. Remember to cancel if with 31 days remaining otherwise you will need to pay for the next month.

https://my.sky.com/mysky/enjoymore/movieoffer/index.html

*edit* Looks like you can't complete the upgrade online if you are based in Ireland so you have to call them to complete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

Got this offer too with my last sky mag. Offer ends 10th August btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooh.. didn't know about this.

I tend to throw out my Sky mag as soon as I get it! :D

EDIT: Bah.. can't do it online. Will ring them so.

Is there a link in Sky Ireland for this?

Not having any luck with that link :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Unable to complete your order online

Our records indicate you are based in the Republic of Ireland. Please visit www.skyireland.ie for pricing specific to your area or call 0818 719 819 to place an order.

That's what I'm getting. See nothing on the Sky Ireland site about this offer :(

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not having any luck with that link :(
    From experience.. Irish customers can do shag all on the Sky website.

Practically everything package related (adding mixes / channels etc.) requires a phone-call so I presume it's the same for this.

Have found them very good on the phone though... very quick and helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

doesnt work for me,
    Unable to complete your order online
    Our records indicate you are based in the Republic of Ireland. Please visit www.skyireland.ie for pricing specific to your area or call 0818 719 819 to place an order.

Waiting till last minute to take it myself, I'll get better use out of it. I'm out and about the place too much now, summer is no time for telly!

harry21 wrote: »
    summer is no time for telly!
    Have you seen the weather outside harry?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

harry21 wrote: »
    Waiting till last minute to take it myself, I'll get better use out of it. I'm out and about the place too much now, summer is no time for telly!

What part of Ireland are you in mate? Miami is it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Is the offer open to Ireland? Can't find it in the Sky Mag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

You should just have to give them a call to get the upgrade. Silly sky website lets you do very little with your account if you are from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still have over 2 months left on my free sky movies for 3 months offer:)

Called sky and they said I had to do it online as it was not possible. I explained we don't have the option, he said ring the internet support number if you can't do it.
    After a bit of persuasion he tried to update it and it worked. I think he was new because he asked me is Sky broadband in Ireland yet :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭rameire

rang, the tank you please call centre.
    offer not open to ireland

only offer for movies is half price for 3 months.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    rang, the tank you please call centre.
    offer not open to ireland

only offer for movies is half price for 3 months.

I am watching it now Transformers. Told me its free and to cancel with 30 days notice or pay after the free two months

No go for me either..

.. the guy could only find the "Half Price For 3 Months" offer in their system.

Ah well - no harm in trying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I received this offer on the letter enclosed with the sky mag. I rang the number supplied 0818719896 and got the complete runaround! I was hung up on, put on hold and someone else who couldnt help picked up they gave me a different number I called that they couldnt help so transferred me to the wrong dept who couldnt do anything either!!! Anyway I sent off a complaint email and days later they got back to me and said I would have to POST back the offer letter to them. I scanned it and sent off another mail but app my attachment had broken down and couldnt be read, so if I wanted the offer I had to either post the letter or ring number I was given in first place. (Totally ignoring that this is what I had done). So I gave it one last shot and lo and behold this guy was able to help, not sure if it was due to my complaint or the bad report I gave in the feedback questionaire that sky send by email after my call or if the offer info had finally been applied to my account. I was ringing from a mobile and am dreading seeing how much that something that was meant to be free ended up costing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

There was another thread on this a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be that it very much depends to what dept you get through to or what person you talk to, I tried twice and didn't work for me :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

just rung and got it straight away

• Advertisement

what options did you guys press when you rang through.
    im just trying again and picked option 3 2 1
    same as i did last night and was told i was through to sales and they could not deal with it there and will pass me through to somebody else.
    still on hold.

right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

i cant authorise it so will be getting the wif to do it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

Thanks

Just pressed those options and got through to a guy from Cork amd he set it up straight away!

Cheers OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

worked for me just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Ya rang them up and got sorted asap

Basq wrote: »
    No go for me either..

.. the guy could only find the "Half Price For 3 Months" offer in their system.

Ah well - no harm in trying!
    right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2
    Thanks

Just pressed those options and got through to a guy from Cork amd he set it up straight away!

Cheers OP

Third time lucky???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tommy69

Just got this offer for 2 months after a bit of explaining,and been transferred between different departments, that they cant just offer it to individual customers, (which is what they tried to tell me)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Caramac

right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

This worked for me so thanks very much, also to mbroaders for the original headsup:)

Have you seen the weather outside harry?! :D

Don't mind the weather. A bit of rain never hurt anyone! The point is that its bring outside till 9pm or so. Go for a walk, play a sport.....

Get off your ass...... lazy boardsies....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 tk1234

Thanks, Just called up and got it added.

update the wiff got it added.
    woo
    thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Thanks...just did same...yeay....... was also offered free hd box and install...but hd channels are xtra 15euro per month....so willl pass on that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Are the two Movie packages included in this offer? If you can't subscribe to channels online, Im guessing you can't unsubscribe to them via their website either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Just rang up about this and Fup me its some pain in the hole.

Rang 0818 719819 and went through the options to the relevant people. Told me I had to do it online, I explained I was in Ireland and couldnt they said ok and transferred me to someone else. They had no clue of what I was on about and moved me along to someone else. They knew the offer and said they would put me through to someone who can switch it on for me. Next guy I got said he couldnt do it but he had the number of someone who could. Told me to ring 0818 719834 and I would get straight through to the sales guys who could help me out.

Got through and the first thing they said was your in the wrong department. I (getting pissed at this stage) said I this was the fifth person I was speaking to and I was getting pretty sick of being fobbed off. She said sorry and said she could try and do it from where she was, she said she couldnt because I have sky sports pending cancellation and I need to ring back in a couple of days. She told me not to ring her but ring the original number.

What I learned. The offer is available. But whoever you ring will put you onto someone else. Nobody seems to know who can turn it on for ya. And you cant get it if you have a pending cancellation.

My advice is to ring 0818 719 834 , tell them you have already spoken to several people and you were given their number to ring direct. It doesnt seem to be the right department but they can switch it on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

yea just got it added there
    dose any one else have to put in thre pin to see the flims is that normal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

Worked for me by doing the above.
    Reception was pretty bad though.
    I believe he said I need to cancel by August 18th, and then it will be gone off my screen by September 18th.
    Can anyone else who signed up today confirm if thats the case?

Thanks

Just rang there a second time and was told they've exceeded demand and can't accept more to the offer.. was too tired to argue.

Was told to ring back at the end of August as there might be more available them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Just rang there a second time and was told they've exceeded demand and can't accept more to the offer.. was too tired to argue.

Was told to ring back at the end of August as there might be more available them.

I just signed up 2 minutes ago, no probleams with it. Rang the 0818 719 819 number followed by options 3 2 2.

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    I just signed up 2 minutes ago, no probleams with it. Rang the 0818 719 819 number followed by options 3 2 2.
    To be honest, I'm not arsed in making a third call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

I wonder what % will fail to cancel after the 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Tiesto wrote: »
    right its 0818 719 819
    option 3 2 2

Worked for me by doing the above.
    Reception was pretty bad though.
    I believe he said I need to cancel by August 18th, and then it will be gone off my screen by September 18th.
    Can anyone else who signed up today confirm if thats the case?

Thanks

That's what I was told too. Calendar reminder set:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

just signed up, very nice Irish (or Scottish?) woman took the call, no hassle - includes the Disney Channel too apparently.

loyatemu wrote: »
    just signed up, very nice Irish (or Scottish?) woman took the call, no hassle - includes the Disney Channel too apparently.

No Disney here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

No Disney here

Are you subscribe to the kids channels? Afaik you need to be to get cinemagic channels when you have sky movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bsj

We got this offer last week with Sky magazine, rang Sky to switch it on, they refused, as we have a discount on our subscription and if they gave us the free sky movies for 2 months we would loose our 25% off for 12 months offer. Apparently you can't have 2 offers on your account at once. Thinking of going to switch to UPC over the head of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

followed the 3 , 2 , 2 method mentioned.
    guy on the other end was aware of the offer and said the same thing about cancelling before the 18th aug.
    handy enough now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

You'd swear it was a physical item the way they go on. Nowhere does it say in their T&Cs that there is a "limit" to the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Dman001 wrote: »
    You'd swear it was a physical item the way they go on. Nowhere does it say in their T&Cs that there is a "limit" to the offer.

People wont be too keen on getting it in future either if they are fobbed off when the free offer is out. I certainly wouldnt get it knowing that hundreds of others are currently getting it/or have got it for free for two months.

I'm amazed at the lack of communication about such a big offer too. Two out of 5 people I spoke to didnt know anything about the offer. One had to check their e-mails to see if it was actually free and the other two knew of it but gave me each others numbers as the people to talk to about it. I have to wait till the 20th to actually get it. I asked the girl on the phone how long it will run and will I definitely be able to get it on the 20th and she said yes. Couple hours later and I see they are telling people they cant accept any more people to the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jack1001

Just rang up using 3,2,2 method, a lovely and very pleasant girl from cork answered , said there was an offer , put me on hold 30 seconds and put the movies on , only took 10 mins and they were activated , watchin them at min :D thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

bsj wrote: »
    We got this offer last week with Sky magazine, rang Sky to switch it on, they refused, as we have a discount on our subscription and if they gave us the free sky movies for 2 months we would loose our 25% off for 12 months offer. Apparently you can't have 2 offers on your account at once. Thinking of going to switch to UPC over the head of it.

Greedy much??

• Advertisement
Advertisement