Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert repeat 2012

Options
  • 17-07-2011 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I just did my leaving cert, and I felt that I definatey did not get my points. I've been told not to worry, I might surprise myself, but I'm 100% sure I did not get 555 points. My first choice was veterinary medicine as I am very interested in it.
    However, my problem is that the lower year in my school has done the new maths course, and I did the old course. I'm sure I'd work to get the points but I don't want to put all my effort into the new course as I have other subjects. I haven't talked to many people about the project maths, is it difficult?
    It's possible I failed maths anyway, because of the first paper =/ I can't see myself doing anything else but veterinary and I'd prefer the undergrad entry.
    I've seen some threads that said that if you wanna do vet/med you have to keep the core subjects.Is that true? I do ordinary level Irish, would I still have to keep that even though I wouldn't be counting it for points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Blinky285 wrote: »
    Hi, I just did my leaving cert, and I felt that I definatey did not get my points. I've been told not to worry, I might surprise myself, but I'm 100% sure I did not get 555 points. My first choice was veterinary medicine as I am very interested in it.
    However, my problem is that the lower year in my school has done the new maths course, and I did the old course. I'm sure I'd work to get the points but I don't want to put all my effort into the new course as I have other subjects. I haven't talked to many people about the project maths, is it difficult?
    It's possible I failed maths anyway, because of the first paper =/ I can't see myself doing anything else but veterinary and I'd prefer the undergrad entry.
    I've seen some threads that said that if you wanna do vet/med you have to keep the core subjects.Is that true? I do ordinary level Irish, would I still have to keep that even though I wouldn't be counting it for points?

I would take the advice of the person who told you not to worry.

Project Maths, I found to be more difficult than the old maths paper as it takes a lot of getting used to.
    The paper will be marked easier if there was an uproar. I know that Project Maths honours Paper One was horrendous that the teacher even said she'd be lucky to get a B and there was a huge uproar so it'll be marked easier.
    Don't worry about it, until you get the results. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Blinky285

Advertisement