Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HORSLIPS @ the carnival big top , Sunday 31st July

Options
  • 17-07-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Can't wait for this,
    anyone any info on the venue, is there much parking nearby, whats the capacity and is it advisable to get tickets in advance ?
    It says 6pm doors on ticketmaster - what time is the main event likely to be on at, any relevant info appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Any help lads,
    the parking in the city at around seven will be very difficult I suppose with the races on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dyke Road car park should be ok. About 10 mins walk to venue. Maybe get to town around 5 before people get back from races.
    Think band on stage around 8. But theres supposed to be food stalls, amusements etc on site all day so you wont be bored waiting.
    Ill know more after Thur.
    Should be a good night. Enjoy.

Thanks for that,
    unfortunately it looks as I won't be able to get to Galway before 6.30pm at the earliest, so I'll be hitting the city at about the same time as the later race-traffic, hopefully I won't be cutting it too tight by the time I'm parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

I aways park at cathedral car park ... across the road, 3 mins walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 High Hopes

I am hoping to get to this gig aswell. Are there tickets left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

holly8 wrote: »
    I aways park at cathedral car park ... across the road, 3 mins walk

This is a different tent to the Arts Festival one. The Race Week Carnival is taking place down at the docks.

See no reason not to buy tickets in advance just in case. For sale here.

272044_127204244034114_118258411595364_202286_423957_o_1.jpg

Hey joe ,
    I don't know the area at all well, is there much/any parking down that side by the docks, I will be arriving lateish so would I be bettere parking up at the Cathedral and legging it down - is it far ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

There's a few multi-story carparks down by the docks. One on Docks Road and one on Merchant Road. Traffic could be fairly blocked up down there but I'd imagine they'll have enough capacity.

Thanks for that,
    I'd expect traffic will be catmalojean.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SteveSilverhead

High Hopes wrote: »
    I am hoping to get to this gig aswell. Are there tickets left?

Yes, as of lunchtime anyway. For folks already around Galway, if you're after tickets do yourselves a favour and get the tickets in Fagans (pub under the Meyrick hotel). You will save 7 euro or so that you would otherwise give to ticketmaster in charges.

Can't wait to see them - giving my age away here but I was too young (only just) to get to see them before they broke up first.

• Advertisement

I would say there will be a lot of us old hippies there. Any young wans Ive mentioned them to dont have a clue what Im talkin about lol.
    Hope bar has cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

foto joe wrote: »
    This is a different tent to the Arts Festival one. The Race Week Carnival is taking place down at the docks.

See no reason not to buy tickets in advance just in case. For sale here.

272044_127204244034114_118258411595364_202286_423957_o_1.jpg
    thanks! i just try blot out race week from my mind .... ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Did anyone see the Ferris Wheel its no bigger that a two storey house, its a joke.

Gettin all excited now B-) Last pint of cider cos its a Diagio bar :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Any reports? Reeeally wanted to go, but had to be elsewhere. Have to live vicariously through boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EhBenDisDonc

Horslips were, of course, fantastic.
    There were only a couple of hundred people there when the gig started. Was wondering if everyone else was wandering around the fisheries field wondering where the gig was. Anyway, it did fill up as the gig went on and the band were clearly enjoying themselves regardless.

Advertisement