Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Francis Street 17/01

Options
  • 17-07-2011 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Was driving down francis street this morning, well most of it anyway. The guards had closed the street down towards the end of it.

Anyone know what was going on? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

there was a report on the news about a shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/2011/0717/ireland/gardai-investigate-dublin-city-shooting-513091.html

Heard a lot of sirens last night so this explains it anyway. So was it the Dean Swfit, Liberty Belle or The Bayno is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

the bayno was the bar that was closed off

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

fúkc - was walking into my apartment block from work at that time and thought to myself, as my boyfriend though to himself... blown tires, firecrackers or more gunshots.

Sad really that we didn't even mention it to each other until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

nosietoes wrote: »
    the bayno was the bar that was closed off

No surprise tbh, I would have put money on that over the Dean Swift or Liberty Belle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

No surprise tbh, I would have put money on that over the Dean Swift or Liberty Belle!

Same here. Never been into it, but from the look of those I have seen going in, I'm not surprised. Beer only 3euro on a monday though..

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Not surprised that it was the bayno. Live around the corner for the last 2 years - still haven't ventured into any of the pubs on francis street yet!

Fallons for a few quiet pints ftw ;)

Advertisement