Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy a 100ft cat 5 in Dublin?

Options
  • 17-07-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

The folks got UPC in the other day, and i need to wire their desktop PC (on the landing to the router in the living room. I want to use a wired connection rather than a wireless connection and i was wondering if it's possible to buy an 100ft cat 5 cable in Dublin?

I see adverts on ebay for 100 ft cables but am wondering if i can pick them up locally.

Thanks
    Flop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

flop wrote: »
    Hi all,

The folks got UPC in the other day, and i need to wire their desktop PC (on the landing to the router in the living room. I want to use a wired connection rather than a wireless connection and i was wondering if it's possible to buy an 100ft cat 5 cable in Dublin?

I see adverts on ebay for 100 ft cables but am wondering if i can pick them up locally.

Thanks
    Flop

For anything that long it's more common to make a custom cable - just cut the cable to length and terminate the two ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Two options from the 2 large retailers in Ireland which I could search their stuff online (like you could)

100 feet = 30.48 meters, so lets just say 30 meters.

Maplin
    30m Grey CAT5e UTP Patch Cable
    Order Code: N97FZ
    On their UK site £33.99
    Lets say €38.84+Paddy Tax = €45
    Total=€45

Peats
    10m "Straight Wired Network Lead" CAT5(e?)
    Order code: 690689
    Retail Price €12.99
    &
    20m "Straight Wired Network Lead" CAT5(e?)
    Order code: 690687
    Retail Price €24.99
    &
    "RJ45 Coupler Straight Wired"
    ORder code: 7449330
    (but out of stock)
    Retail Price €6.90
    Total=€44.88

I'm sure yea could find someone on adverts would make yea a cable to the size yea need for cheaper. Note a box of CAT5e only costs about 40~60euro (last time I bought one)

Enjoy!

Advertisement